• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RH2017 - Embedding ppt or pptx or pps in RH help file

Participant ,
Oct 14, 2019 Oct 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a PPTX file. Is it possible to embed it in a help section of responsive html5 help such that user can view it by using back/next arrows or << and >>. Dont want the user to download the ppts but view it in-place/in-context.

Is it possible?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

I'm doubtful you will be successful if you are intent on sticking with PPTX or PPS as the file format. Likely, you need to open the PPTX file using Microsoft PowerPoint, then export it out as a different format. Seems the most likely would be PDF. Then you could embed that PDF into a RoboHelp topic.

Cheers... Rick 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, let me try a media file in that case.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The objective is to not have the user download anything but view it on the screen ideally with back and next arrows. Not sure if a PDF will fit the bill.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've successfully embedded videos posted/uploaded to YouTube in topics, using iFrames (RH2017, output = Responsive HTML5). This method looks like it might work. https://support.office.com/en-us/article/embed-a-presentation-in-a-web-page-or-blog-19668a1d-2299-4a...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp