Highlighted

RH2017: Images getting stretched in output

Participant ,
Jun 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I am working on RH2017 and I have come across a very weird issue. 

I am using SnagIt to capture images and then adding to the topics via Insert Image. I also have a style created for my images, width – 801px and height - 435px. Once I apply the style and generate a Responsive HTML output, the images get stretched.

If I insert the image and do local formatting by inserting the same width and height given above and on generating an ouput the images stay intact.

Is there something I am doing wrong?

Does RH2017 does not render the expected output based on image styles?

Is it because I am using SnagIt to capture images. Do I need to use Robohelp’s screen capture tool?

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Amebr | Adobe Community Professional

What if you disable it though? Do you see the image more like you expect?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

RH2017: Images getting stretched in output

Participant ,
Jun 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I am working on RH2017 and I have come across a very weird issue. 

I am using SnagIt to capture images and then adding to the topics via Insert Image. I also have a style created for my images, width – 801px and height - 435px. Once I apply the style and generate a Responsive HTML output, the images get stretched.

If I insert the image and do local formatting by inserting the same width and height given above and on generating an ouput the images stay intact.

Is there something I am doing wrong?

Does RH2017 does not render the expected output based on image styles?

Is it because I am using SnagIt to capture images. Do I need to use Robohelp’s screen capture tool?

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Amebr | Adobe Community Professional

What if you disable it though? Do you see the image more like you expect?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jun 08, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Snagit is not the problem. It's the best tool around.

With one image, if you insert it the two different ways, is the difference obvious in RoboHelp or only when you generate an output?

Is the image being stretched proportionally or just in one direction?

All images or just some?

www.grainge.org for free RoboHelp & Authoring info. Use the blue Reply button at the top to help me help you.
The black Reply link nests replies and they sort out of order.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 08, 2020 0
Participant ,
Jun 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter

The Topic Editor and the Topic Preview shows the image size as per my need. But when i generate the ouput, it stretches.

Yes, all images do stretch in the output. The width gets stretched and the height remains the same. It becomes more evident when I hide the TOC panel view in the output by clicking Expand/Collapse. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 08, 2020 0
Jun 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So source is OK but output is not. Are you using a master page or selecting a different CSS when you generate?

I think it's likely you are using one and that's where the problem is. Take a look and post back.

www.grainge.org for free RoboHelp & Authoring info. Use the blue Reply button at the top to help me help you.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 08, 2020 0
Participant ,
Jun 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using a Master Page to get the breadcrumbs and a CSS thats got all my styles. I just looked at the Responsive HTML5 settings and in Content > Apply to All Topics, the Master Page is selected. Do you think this might be the issue?

If I remove the Master Page and select CSS, is there any other way to get the breadcrumbs on the online output?

HTML5 Settings.PNG

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 08, 2020 0
Jun 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does the Master Page have the same CSS applied to it as the topics? Make sure it does.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 08, 2020 0