• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RH2017 Indigo layout, topic section blank?

Explorer ,
Jul 18, 2018 Jul 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Switched to the new Indigo layout, works beautifully in my RH-generated output but when we access it from our product the topic area is blank. I made sure I had all the recent RH updates.

Any ideas?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Aug 13, 2018 Aug 13, 2018

Update: turns out development's build machine was running an older version of RH. We had that updated to 2017, and now the topics are displaying as they should.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you seeing the same effect if you launch the index page outside of RH?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, if I launch the index page from the folder location it opens up as it should. Seems to only be when it's accessed from our product.

I forgot to mention that we're using map IDs to call the help topics, and I have no real option to change that...not sure if that could be causing the issues or not?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

IIRC, CSH calls to HTML5 topics changed from CSH WebHelp calls, but if it was working before with HTML5 (using just another layout) I don't think it should impact you. Did they include all the files in your \!SSL!\ folder in their build?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They say they did but I will confirm again.

In addition to this, if I click on one of the TOC items, the page will flicker...the layout disappears entirely and I can see the topic spread out across the whole page, but only for a second before it reverts to the layout with a blank topic pane.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 19, 2018 Jul 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does it make any difference what browser is set as the default?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, it doesn’t appear to matter.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Was it working before with another layout?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, previously I was using the Azure layout. I had done some significant changes to that layout CSS outside of RH's built-in editor, but no CSS changes to the topic areas themselves...but I imagine if it was a CSS issue that I'd see the problem everywhere, not just when the help is opened from our product.

When the topics flicker, they're at least the correct topics so I know the map IDs are calling correctly but they just don't want to show up inside the layout.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 13, 2018 Aug 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update: turns out development's build machine was running an older version of RH. We had that updated to 2017, and now the topics are displaying as they should.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad to hear that you got it fixed, but maybe next time you mention that you used another machine to actually create the output - everyone thought you were talking about your copy of RH and the output YOU generated ;>)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's because I only recently discovered they were using separate build machines. Our developers are a secretive bunch.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

LOL - most places don't even give their developers a copy; they only give them the output to be packaged.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp