RH2017 Indigo - Output specific book from TOC in a specific topic?

New Here ,
Aug 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good afternoon,

I'm authoring a help project using Indigo Layout in RoboHelp 2017, all is well but I have this one functionality that needs to utilize the contents of 1 book inside my TOC. For example, I made a container in my homepage that's labeled as "Downloadable Forms", then in my TOC,  I added a book with the same name and added the baggage files/topics that contains any downloadable forms. Now since RoboHelp fetches all data from xml's through javascript and lists them all as tiles inside the homepage, is there a way for me to fetch and list the data from that particular book and not the entire TOC and put them inside my container?

TOPICS
HTML5 layout

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

RH2017 Indigo - Output specific book from TOC in a specific topic?

New Here ,
Aug 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good afternoon,

I'm authoring a help project using Indigo Layout in RoboHelp 2017, all is well but I have this one functionality that needs to utilize the contents of 1 book inside my TOC. For example, I made a container in my homepage that's labeled as "Downloadable Forms", then in my TOC,  I added a book with the same name and added the baggage files/topics that contains any downloadable forms. Now since RoboHelp fetches all data from xml's through javascript and lists them all as tiles inside the homepage, is there a way for me to fetch and list the data from that particular book and not the entire TOC and put them inside my container?

TOPICS
HTML5 layout

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 28, 2018 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not super clear as to what you mean when you say "I made a container in my homepage that's labeled as "Downloadable Forms" - is that just a link to a page that's called "Downloadable Forms"? That's what I would have done, then on that page made links to each of the forms (wherever they were located).

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 29, 2018 0
New Here ,
Sep 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Container meaning an html div element that contains all the links from a book in my TOC. To make myself clear, imagine another box section in my homepage labeled as "Downloadable Forms" and in that box, contains all the links I have listed in 1 particular book in my TOC.. I already explored your way but my company requires me to place the links in the homepage for easy accessibility, plus this way we'll only be required to change the contents in the TOC panel.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 04, 2018 0