Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RH2017 - Indigo screen layout - Responsive HTML5 - linking child projects

Community Beginner ,
Nov 22, 2017 Nov 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I've had a lot of help over the last few days figuring out how to use the RH2017 Indigo format. Thanks very much to all who contributed.

I have a dozen or so child projects that I'd like to publish using the Azure_Blue screen layout, and link those to the Parent Indigo TOC. I've tried this briefly this morning and if I add a merged project to the parent Indigo TOC, after I create the output the TOC isnt shown at all.

If I add a book to the Parent Indigo TOC and add the linked project under the book, that book is shown but the project isnt.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wonder how you have set up the merge. See Merged Help on my site.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring information

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Peter, I'll take a look at your site. Before I do though do you know if it's possible to link from an Indigo layout to an Azure_Blue screen layout?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe with HTML5 your topics will open in the layout for that project. That was the case with early versions and is unlike WebHelp which takes on the parent skin.

Personally I wouldn't do it as users will keep seeing different skins with different functionality. Horribly confusing.

This may have changed in later versions of RoboHelp but I haven't tested.

On my site there is demo merged help setup. Try with that.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 24, 2017 Nov 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Need Help.

Please let me know how add different images to Book and TOC topics in Indigo layout.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Here:

Capture1.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

In the screen layout customisation window, under 'Home (Custom icons), you can choose a different image for each icon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi David,

The Home (Custom Icons) doesn't appear in my version - I'm on RH2017 update 2 (13.0.2.334) What version are you on?

Looking at the Adobe website -  2017 Release of RoboHelp (Update 2) – Adobe Technical Communication Blog it says for update 2 that:

"Also, Home (Custom Icons) component in the Indigo layout is no longer available and to customize the landing page icons, you can use CSS route. You can also view the RoboHelp (2017 release) Update 2 readme here."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using build 13.0.2.334 (I think that's update 2, but as you've pointed out that they deprecated the custom icons window, I'm not so sure now.) Why would they remove that feature I wonder?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All is not lost though as there is a CSS file which is used (unless they decide to deprecate the entire feature, which would be a nonsense of course). The CSS file is in the screen layouts folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

That is update 2 you are on. If you add a new layout now, you will probably see the Home (Custom Icons) option is removed.

You must have used that option and then updated to version 2, which is why it is still there.

Yes that looks the right CSS file to change.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're right! A new Indigo project and Home (Custom Icons) option disappears. Why would they do that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well at least that makes sense now about the Home (Custom Icons) option disappearing.

Not sure why is was removed though in Update 2.. they don't say but must have been causing problems I guess.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 26, 2017 Nov 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks all of you for your help and support.

But i am applying the same that you have mentioned and the images got changed

Also, please let me know what is the procedure to apply different images to topics or pages inside the main folder in indigo layout.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 27, 2017 Nov 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

The easiest way would be to overwrite the images being used with your own ones.

These are stored in !ScreenLayout!\Indigo1 or can be viewed from the Output Setup under Screen Layouts in Robohelp 2017.

The book image being used on the main page is:

Capture3.gif

Overwrite this image with your own and generate.

The theme-1.css file references these images.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 12, 2017 Dec 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have learned the reason that custom icons were removed from the editor. It seems that if a project had more than 50 books, then it would revert to the default icon.

I'm inclined to think it would have been left as it was so that only those encountering the problem would be affected (minority?) rather than making it more difficult for those not affected and wanting/needing custom icons. However, it is the way it is.

Custom Icons can still be used but not via the layout editor, just be aware of exceeding fifty books. I don't know if that is fifty at any one level or fifty overall.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 13, 2017 Dec 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for that Peter. Are you able to influence them to change their minds but document the limitation?

Btw, if you have any screen layouts that were created before update 2, then the custom icons editor is still shown for those layouts after applying uplift 2.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 13, 2017 Dec 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have made my thoughts known.

You say "any screen layouts". Is that perhaps a layout of the same name or literally any?

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 28, 2017 Dec 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any screen layouts that I had created before Update 2 still included the custom icons view in the editor after upgrading to Update 2.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 29, 2017 Dec 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The critical thing here for anyone else viewing this thread is that it is not the application of Update 2 that removes the custom icons from the layout editor. It is the selection of the layout from the gallery after applying Update 2.

Thus if you apply Update 2 only, the custom icons will still appear in the editor. However, the bugs fixed in the layout will still exist until you select the layout again from the gallery. When you do that, any customisation you had applied will be lost. This is a reported issue when layouts are updated.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp