• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RH2017 Responsive HTML5 Glossary Hotspots as Tooltips

New Here ,
Apr 22, 2021 Apr 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Robohelp 2017 with a modified version of the Indigo layout and want to have Glossary terms/definitions show as tooltips instead of the default expanded text. I see that there's a built-in script "Output Generator with Glossary Restyling" but it doesn't appear that Responsive HTML5 layouts are supported or at least it's not an option, even though pretty much every other SSL is supported, including multi-screen HTML5.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 26, 2021 Apr 26, 2021

I had a look in RH2019 Classic. I found the line starting "if (MySSL.layoutType" and added another entry just before the closing bracket (don't miss the || which means 'or'):

|| MySSL.layoutType == RoboHelp.SSLLayoutType.RESPONSIVEHTML

It ran fine and added a popup link to the responsive output.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Apr 23, 2021 Apr 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is an option for Frameless skins in the 2020 version but not in Responsive even in 2020. I suspect that it was built into framelesss skins when they were introduced in 2019 as that is where development is going.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 26, 2021 Apr 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. While it's unfortunate that this is still not an option in newer versions of Robohelp, it is good to know that this is the case so that I know if I went through procuring a newer version, it wouldn't help with this issue. Now I wonder if anyone's had success with adjusting the JS themselves or if there's an extension that does this for Responsive HTML5. My question for Adobe is why can't this be done with Responsive HTML5 layouts?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In a later version it would work in Frameless and that is where most development will be in the future. If you use context sensitive help using URLs your developers would need to make a fairly simple change to the URL. 

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had a look in RH2019 Classic. I found the line starting "if (MySSL.layoutType" and added another entry just before the closing bracket (don't miss the || which means 'or'):

|| MySSL.layoutType == RoboHelp.SSLLayoutType.RESPONSIVEHTML

It ran fine and added a popup link to the responsive output.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 27, 2021 Apr 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, that worked! Coincidentally, I had tried this but I had incorrectly guessed RESPONSIVEHTML5 and hadn't thought to try it without the 5. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Amebr Very impressed!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I figured it couldn't hurt to try. 😛

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I looked it up in the ExtendScript ToolKit editor. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp