• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RH2017/Responsive HTML5 - What's wrong w/ my screen layouts?

Community Beginner ,
Oct 23, 2018 Oct 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am using RH2017/Responsive HTML5/Indigo screen layout. I am using Conditional Text to generate 2 separate Help systems (for 2 different websites w/ many similar features). I'd like to give each Help system its own color styling, so I thought I could do this by creating 2 different Indigo screen layouts w/ diff colors defined.

However - when I created the 2nd Responsive Screen Layout for Indigo, I noticed the following things:

• "Home (Custom icons)" is MISSING from the list of Layout Properties. This is ESSENTIAL for me to use.
  • The Print (topic) icon is appears in the PREVIEW, but DOES NOT appear in my original Indigo layout.
    I have already added to a discussion re: Adding a Print Button into this Screen Layout.
    Responsive HTML5 - Custom Buttons or Links

Can someone help me out?

Thank you!!

--Tabby W.

TOPICS
Classic

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 24, 2018 Oct 24, 2018

For the custom icons, have a look at item 16 here:

Using RoboHelp 2017

The print feature was missing from Indigo and added in Update 2. So if your screen layout pre-dates update 2, then that would be why you can't see the button in your original screen layout.

Your old screen layout is not updated automatically.

The least technical option is to create a new screen layout and re-apply the customisations you've made. This is Adobe's recommendation.

Issues resolved in Adobe RoboHelp (2017 release)

But

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Oct 24, 2018 Oct 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For the custom icons, have a look at item 16 here:

Using RoboHelp 2017

The print feature was missing from Indigo and added in Update 2. So if your screen layout pre-dates update 2, then that would be why you can't see the button in your original screen layout.

Your old screen layout is not updated automatically.

The least technical option is to create a new screen layout and re-apply the customisations you've made. This is Adobe's recommendation.

Issues resolved in Adobe RoboHelp (2017 release)

But if you're comfortable with html, you could try copying and pasting the applicable print button code from your new indigo layout to your old one, although there is a risk you could break something.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 25, 2018 Oct 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OMG - PERFECT! Thank you, Amebr!!

This worked like a charm! You are right - I created the initial layout maybe a few weeks ago...and I installed RH updates 2 days ago, so the screen layouts that I created after the update did not have the custom icons available. I'm a happy camper now!

--Tabby W.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 22, 2019 Apr 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So, did you create the customization again or did you edit the HTML code?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp