• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RH2017 - Times New Roman

New Here ,
Apr 03, 2018 Apr 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone know exactly how to change the font from the default Times New Roman to a different font on the output Topic section? I have put custom CSS and that wont change it. I have tried tweaking the output and that wont change it. I visited the RoboHelp Tour website and I see the custom CSS working as mentioned, but just cant get the output to match.

I imported the custom CSS as a baggage file and then referenced it in the Topic layout directly after the default layout CSS. Is this correct? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 05, 2018 Apr 05, 2018

No problem with using either as a test or permanently.

That means you have applied your commonltr.css file to the topic but not applied any of its styles to the content. In the output that will mean the content displays in the browser default font which is typically Times New Roman. If you change the browser font, you will see an immediate change. However, your users would see the content in the default font set in their browser so the real solution is to apply styles to the content.

You do not ne

Votes

Translate

Translate
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Alex,

Could you please confirm which output SSL you are generating? Also, what do mean by topic section? Do you mean TOC or something else?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just for reference in the case that I am missing something throughout the whole process.

Responsive Layout

Have FM maps that are converted using DITA-OT and imported into RH. I have tried Azure_Blue, Charcoal_Grey and Indigo. I am trying the change the font in the main section of the HTMLHelp. I am able to change the navigation font but cannot change the content font. I thought that I might be putting the CSS in the wrong place, but the below example has an customized CSS that changes different components, but the Times New Roman will not go away.

Example (Sorry, had to blur out some of text.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That looks like the CSS from the RoboHelp Tour.

As you have blurred out most of the text, can we take it the Parent topic is an example of the problem? If it is, click in one of those words and look at the name of the style in the Edit ribbon. Does it appear in CAPS and alongside is the correct CSS specified?

If it is in capitals, it means the style is not in the CSS so then you will see the browser default. If the CSS has spaces in its name or the styles, that too can cause issues.

Check those things first.

See www.grainge.org for free RoboHelp and Authoring information.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 04, 2018 Apr 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used the RoboHelp tour CSS that you had to make sure that the project was reading the CSS as needed and it is.

When I click on it (Example is Parent Topic) in the Edit tab, the CSS shows commonltr.css and the style shows (none). I did notice that some of the section titles are showing in CAPS on RH but those successfully were changed to a different font.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 05, 2018 Apr 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No problem with using either as a test or permanently.

That means you have applied your commonltr.css file to the topic but not applied any of its styles to the content. In the output that will mean the content displays in the browser default font which is typically Times New Roman. If you change the browser font, you will see an immediate change. However, your users would see the content in the default font set in their browser so the real solution is to apply styles to the content.

You do not need to set the CSS file as baggage.

See www.grainge.org for free RoboHelp and Authoring information.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 05, 2018 Apr 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks a lot!!! Got it to work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp