• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RH2017 WebHelp Output Issues

New Here ,
Feb 14, 2020 Feb 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all!  I have been trying to figure an issue out with no luck.

Using RH 2017 for my project with over 2500 topics.  I have topic level conditional tags, separate TOC, glossary and index for each of my manuals that I want separated.  In my webhelp output, I have conditional build expression with the topic level tags I want included.

When my output is generating, in the  'updating HTML topics' it processes all my topics not just the tagged topics. 

My output TOC appears properly but the index and glossary are pulling from all the separate indexes and glossaries I have setup and not limited to just the topics I have 

How can I restrict this to just the index and glossary that I have selected in my content categories?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

TOPICS
Classic , Output presets

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 16, 2020 Feb 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That sounds to me as if you have applied your tags to the TOC rather than the topics. With tags applied to topics, the TOC and index work only on the topics in the build.

Tagging the TOC only hides things from the TOC, not the build. In a topic that should be excluded, add a word such as redzebra. I think you will find that is still in the build with the TOC only tagged.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Feb 17, 2020 Feb 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Not sure if this is for RH2017 as well, but in 2019 you can select something like "include linked/referenced topics". I have found that if I select that, almost my complete project gets compiled. Under water you can have links all over the place without knowing it. Maybe something to try, deselecting that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp