Highlighted

RH2019 Classic, HTML5 merged help with IE11

Explorer ,
Aug 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When generating a responsive HTML5 project everything is fine when viewing with IE11.

As soon as we merge the projects we run into problems with the merged help.

In IE11 - and only in IE11 - all internal links do not work, TOS does not synchronize and Breadcrumbs are not shown properly.

When we paste the link adress into a now browser tab the page will open.

Thus, it is not a link address issue.

It seems, that IE11 will/can not open the page within the content frame.

Does anyone have the same issue? Does anyone have a solution?

Thanks for yur help

Steve

Topics

HTML5 layout

Views

111

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

RH2019 Classic, HTML5 merged help with IE11

Explorer ,
Aug 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When generating a responsive HTML5 project everything is fine when viewing with IE11.

As soon as we merge the projects we run into problems with the merged help.

In IE11 - and only in IE11 - all internal links do not work, TOS does not synchronize and Breadcrumbs are not shown properly.

When we paste the link adress into a now browser tab the page will open.

Thus, it is not a link address issue.

It seems, that IE11 will/can not open the page within the content frame.

Does anyone have the same issue? Does anyone have a solution?

Thanks for yur help

Steve

Topics

HTML5 layout

Views

112

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Contributor ,
Aug 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Steve,

Just a couple of suggestions what you might try:

- where is your merged project stored? Local or on a server? Is it in the same location than your not-merged project?

- when opening the project, are you getting an error or warning message in IE? Something saying "active contents will be blocked" or the like?

- when you open the console in the browser (F12), are there any error messages?

- in IE: try changing the compatibility settings in the browser (activate and/or deactivate the setting "Show intranet pages in compatibility mode". See if this changes anything

- add a so-called Mark of the Web to your files (just the index.htm and one or two others for a test) --> enter the line

<!-- saved from url=(0016)http://localhost -->

directly below the header saying <!DOCTYPE HTML>

Hope anything of this helps!

Karin

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Reply
Loading...
Community Beginner ,
Sep 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having a similar issue with a merged HTML5 project, though I see different issues with different browsers. The project is downloaded from our server locally onto the client's computer so the project is accessed locally. Using Azure_Blue.

 

In IE11, the parent (TOC, index, search, etc) is recognized and works properly but links within the topic do not work unless they're opened in a new tab.

 

In Chrome, the navigation continuously loads and eventually freezes the page.

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Reply
Loading...