Highlighted

RH2019 Frameless: Multi listing not working as expected

Participant ,
May 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

RH 2019 does not continue the list number if an image is inserted between two numbered lists.
I have created a style for multi listing. It works perfectly if the listing is not interrupted by an image or even a paragraph. Once an image is inserted the numbering restarts at 1.
Does RH 2019 continue the list numbering without using the Restart Numbering option?

If I recall correctly, RH 2017 did not have this issue and multi-listing worked perfectly.

Regards

Siju

TOPICS
New UI

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

RH2019 Frameless: Multi listing not working as expected

Participant ,
May 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

RH 2019 does not continue the list number if an image is inserted between two numbered lists.
I have created a style for multi listing. It works perfectly if the listing is not interrupted by an image or even a paragraph. Once an image is inserted the numbering restarts at 1.
Does RH 2019 continue the list numbering without using the Restart Numbering option?

If I recall correctly, RH 2017 did not have this issue and multi-listing worked perfectly.

Regards

Siju

TOPICS
New UI

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
May 25, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you all patched up? Check Help > Updates to check.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 25, 2020 0
Participant ,
May 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff

Yes, the app is up to date.

RH2019.PNG

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 25, 2020 0
May 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To insert an image without losing the numbering, at the end of the paragraph above where the image is to go, use Shift Enter. Otherwise you have to restart numbering and without checking, I think it has always been that way.

www.grainge.org for free RoboHelp & Authoring info. Use the blue Reply button at the top to help me help you.
The black Reply link nests replies and they sort out of order.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 25, 2020 0
Participant ,
May 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter

I think this is not the case on RH2017. I'll reconfirm.
Without using Shif Enter - I feel it would be a good feature to have the auto-numbering as part of multi-listing irrespective of the type of content (image, paragraph, video, etc.) entered in between two numbered lists on RH2019.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 25, 2020 0
May 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think we are looking at different things. I was referring to an image within one list. Looking at what you said again, you want to start a new list later in the topic but with continuous numbering.

That may work as you describe so let us know when you check.

www.grainge.org for free RoboHelp & Authoring info. Use the blue Reply button at the top to help me help you.
The black Reply link nests replies and they sort out of order.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 25, 2020 0