Highlighted

RH2019 New UI Connection Profiles disappearing

Explorer ,
Nov 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Upon Opening RH2019 Reimagined (NEW) / GIT- all connection profiles are gone. This is a frequent occurance among all of our team  members. We have not been able to determine a pattern for this behavior. Does anyone know what might be causing this to happen? Time consuming to have to re-create so often as we use several different ones during the day.

TOPICS
New UI, Source control

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

RH2019 New UI Connection Profiles disappearing

Explorer ,
Nov 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Upon Opening RH2019 Reimagined (NEW) / GIT- all connection profiles are gone. This is a frequent occurance among all of our team  members. We have not been able to determine a pattern for this behavior. Does anyone know what might be causing this to happen? Time consuming to have to re-create so often as we use several different ones during the day.

TOPICS
New UI, Source control

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 25, 2019 0
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Are you using multiple instances of Robohelp?

This might be due to that. 

Regards,

Gaurav Tewari

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 27, 2019 0
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any update on this?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 02, 2019 0
Explorer ,
Feb 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sorry for delay in response. Our team has been working around this issue. Since first reporting this issue the instances of this ocurrance has been very sporatic. Within in last couple of months, I have only had one of 6 connection profiles disappear for no apparent reason. I re-created and all seems fine. However, another team member has had All connection profiles 6+ disappear within this past week several times - more than 3. We have not been able to determine any patterns in application use that might be consistent for this one team member.

As of mulitple instances of Robohelp, I am assuming you mean having the RH application open more than once at same time on same computer - no that is not the case. Any other thoughts about potential causes or any other reports of this same behavior?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 19, 2020 0
Explorer ,
Feb 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See reply I entered above. This seems to still occur within our team very sporadic instances. Any thoughts?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 19, 2020 0
Contributor ,
Feb 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had random content files disappear (or rather, become 0 kB). I noticed this happening when I moved many files within RH to another folder. I suspect that in the process of updating all files with links to them, something goes wrong, the process aborts and the file being written at that time becomes empty. Could be the same for any other file that's written in a mass moving process. Don't know if this is at the basis of your problem as well, but things disappearing randomly rang a bell. Backup early, backup often.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 20, 2020 0