Upon Opening RH2019 Reimagined (NEW) / GIT- all connection profiles are gone. This is a frequent occurance among all of our team members. We have not been able to determine a pattern for this behavior. Does anyone know what might be causing this to happen? Time consuming to have to re-create so often as we use several different ones during the day.
Are you using multiple instances of Robohelp?
This might be due to that.
Any update on this?
I have had random content files disappear (or rather, become 0 kB). I noticed this happening when I moved many files within RH to another folder. I suspect that in the process of updating all files with links to them, something goes wrong, the process aborts and the file being written at that time becomes empty. Could be the same for any other file that's written in a mass moving process. Don't know if this is at the basis of your problem as well, but things disappearing randomly rang a bell. Backup early, backup often.
@leona - Do you have all updates applied?
@Erwin - I know you do. Has this happened since and do you also use source control?
sorry for delay in response. Our team has been working around this issue. Since first reporting this issue the instances of this ocurrance has been very sporatic. Within in last couple of months, I have only had one of 6 connection profiles disappear for no apparent reason. I re-created and all seems fine. However, another team member has had All connection profiles 6+ disappear within this past week several times - more than 3. We have not been able to determine any patterns in application use that might be consistent for this one team member.
As of mulitple instances of Robohelp, I am assuming you mean having the RH application open more than once at same time on same computer - no that is not the case. Any other thoughts about potential causes or any other reports of this same behavior?
See reply I entered above. This seems to still occur within our team very sporadic instances. Any thoughts?
Just experienced something similar - had one connection profile set up that was working and it disappeared.
Commits/pushes were working great - both from work and home until today. Went to commit/push today and the connection profile was gone. What changed? Authentication here is handled via Active Directory with 2-factor authentication. Was forced to change my password yesterday via standard corporate security policies that require it every 90 days. Password changes always require providing the secondary auth (integrated token service). So to access DevOps, I had to re-authenticate. I'm guessing this may have played a part in deleting the connection profile (not sure why - would think/hope I'd simply get an auth error when committing/pushing, rather than completely deleting the profile).
Updated my password in Windows Credential Manager for DevOps, recreated the connection profile in RH2019, added the RH project to the connection profile, committed, pushed to the Git repo on DevOps, and then verified the latest changes appeared in my Git repo in DevOps.
Will monitor and report back if it happens again.
Happened again. This time, all 7 connection profiles disappeared. Had to recreate each. Once that was done, no other issues. Still, a little odd.
Running RoboHelp 2019 (new) update 14.
Myself and other members of our team have had this happen numerous times since first reported in November 2019. The most recent occurances also occurred with RH2019 Update 14.
Very time consuming to re-create but that is all we know to do. Hoping maybe in RH2020 this does not occur.
Can you please let us the scenario? Did it happen just after installing the Update 14? Or were you running multiple instances of Robohelp? We are trying to collect some scenarios when it happens.
We very recently towards end of July updated to RH2019 Update 14 The missing connection profiles happened with the previous update versions 9 and 13 as well as 14. We have not been able to isolate any particular scenarios that may be associated. Seems to be quite Random, except that it does happen more frequently to on particular team member but happens to others as well just not as often.
You can check if the issue has been reported in the bug tracker and vote on it if it has. Otherwise you can log a new issue. https://tracker.adobe.com/
It might help to post the issue number here so other people can vote as well.
A little more background about my environment. I have multiple versions of RoboHelp installed:
RoboHelp 2019 Classic
RoboHelp 2019 New (update 14 was installed right after it came out)
I use RoboHelp 2019 new (update 14) daily. On a few occasions, I've had multiple instances of it (with other projects) open at the same time. I've also, on a few occasions, had multiple instances of RoboHelp 2017 and RoboHelp 2019 Classic and RoboHelp 2019 new (update 14) open. (I'm in the process of upgrading a bunch of 2017 projects under RoboSource Control to 2019 new and Git.) Unfortunately, I paying attention and can't say if the 2019 new (update 14) profile connections were wiped out right after this, or at what point in time relative to all this it occured. I'll try to pay closer attention (though frankly, I'll probably stop running multiple vesions at the same time) in case it happens again.