• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RH2019 New UI HTML5 skin: multiple font families for header etc?

Contributor ,
Feb 13, 2020 Feb 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the HTML5 skin editor I can only select one font from a drop-down list. Is there a way to add more fonts, similar to the way this is done in CSS?

My company uses a custom font which many people do not have. Currently the skin falls back to Times New Roman if the custom font isn't installed, while the custom font is a non-serif font. This looks very ugly.

Of course, I can select Arial in the first place, but that also then uses Arial for people who do have the custom fonts installed.

Is there a way I can select a fallback font, maybe through the .skn file?

TOPICS
New UI , Output presets

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 13, 2020 Feb 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think the only workaround at the moment is to use the developer tools in your browser to inspect every element you want to define fallbacks for, add them to your own css file, and add that css file in the User Assets section of the skin. Where you find User Assets depends on the skin, but try under Layout for the Responsive HTML5 skins.

e.g. the following will override the title font in Azure Blue:

body.media-desktop div.header div.title {

font-family: "Comic Sans MS", Arial, sans-serif;

}

You can raise issues here:

https://tracker.adobe.com/#/search

And post back with the ticket number so other people can vote for it. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 18, 2021 Feb 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I also need this functionality but did not find an issue on the tracker web site, so I created one: RH-8675: Allow selection and editing of font-family with cascading definition in CSS and Skin Editor... 

Please consider voting for it.

Thanks,

Alan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 14, 2020 Feb 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which skin and where in the skin editor? I looked in Azure Blue and the font dropdowns there show all my fonts.

The font you seem to want to define is default layout font. Correct?

image.png

www.grainge.org

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can select a single font just fine. But I want to select multiple fonts, in case the first font isn't available. The same as you can do with CSS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Misread that as only one font showing in the dropdown. 🙂 Now I understand Amber's reply.

Let us know if her suggestion did what you want.

www.grainge.org

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp