Exit

RH2019: New UI: Printed Documentation

Participant ,
Jul 13, 2020 Jul 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I have noticed two issues while generating a Word ouptut:

1. The TOC page displays the heading as just Contents and not Table of Contents. Is there any setting in RH so that the Word ouptut shows Table of Contents and not Contents or do I need to manually change it in the generated Word doc?
  2. Master Pages - I have a master page to show the Header and Footer in the Word output. But unfortunately, the master page is not getting applied. Any ideas on why it could be so?
TOPICS
New UI

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 13, 2020 Jul 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Yes you need to change it manually.
  2. You have to create a Word template for headers and footers. I think you will then find the automapping of styles defaults to anything in that master page so you will have to change the mapping to your CSS styles. The headers and footers will be applied to all pages in the document.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 14, 2020 Jul 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter

Are you saying the header and footer will not get applied until and unless I have a Word template and then map it to the CSS styles?

Also, is there a way to specify separate header and footer within RH or do I need to get this done through the Word template or manually change it in the Word output doc?

The above options are available while generating a PDF. Maybe RH could have included the same options for Word too.

Moreover, in RH2017, we have the option to set separate header and footer for TOC, topics, Index and Glossary. Adobe must have retained these features in RH2019.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you saying the header and footer will not get applied until and unless I have a Word template and then map it to the CSS styles?

Yes.

Also, is there a way to specify separate header and footer within RH or do I need to get this done through the Word template or manually change it in the Word output doc?

No and yes.

The above options are available while generating a PDF. Maybe RH could have included the same options for Word too.

They could have. 🙂

Moreover, in RH2017, we have the option to set separate header and footer for TOC, topics, Index and Glossary. Adobe must have retained these features in RH2019.

I know they were in 2017 but they are not in 2019.

I agree entirely this functionality is needed.

Please follow this link to request features. https://tracker.adobe.com

Post the link to your feature request in this thread and others can vote for it. The more people who do so, the higher it gets prioritised.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Raised a feature request: https://tracker.adobe.com/#/view/RH-7680

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have voted for this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you so much Peter. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp