• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RH2019 printed output cuts text at page breaks

Explorer ,
Apr 23, 2019 Apr 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using RH2019 and printed documentation output. When a topic goes on to a new page, the text is cut in half horizontally, as shown in the image here. I made it so that there are no page breaks within <p> tags (and other tags), and added top margins to those tags, to no avail. Does anyone have any thoughts on how I can avoid this? Thank you!

2019-04-23_14-14-56.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 24, 2019 Apr 24, 2019

Can you create a mini project that has this problem and send it to me? See the Contact page on my site and send the project as instructed there. Do make sure you include a link to this thread and please do not email the project direct.

See www.grainge.org for free RoboHelp and Authoring information.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Apr 23, 2019 Apr 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the new RoboHelp 2019, not 2019 Classic and you have all updates applied, correct?

Have you tried adjusting the PDF settings in the preset?

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 24, 2019 Apr 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter - Yes, this is the new RH 2019, not classic, with the latest update. I tried changing PDF settings, and master page layout. These do impact the output as expected, but the first line is still cut horizontally. Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you create a mini project that has this problem and send it to me? See the Contact page on my site and send the project as instructed there. Do make sure you include a link to this thread and please do not email the project direct.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Peter, Thank you for your help. In making a new project, I found that there is now a pdf master page with its own style sheets. (I've been working with a project that I upgraded from RH2017 when RH2019 first came out, so the latest release upgrade didn't import those into my existing project.) With a bit of hunting, I was able to duplicate my issue in a new project when I used the stylesheet from my existing project. I still don't know what the issue is in my stylesheet as it worked in RH2017, but I am adding my styles back in one-by-one and will be able to get the look I want without the text problem. Thank you for steering me in the right direction!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp