• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RH2019 Responsive H5 layout generating doesn't finish

New Here ,
Nov 25, 2018 Nov 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have upgraded my Robo10 project to the RH2019 project.  All things go well.

Then I created an H5 preset, and set some settings, then clicked generating, but after several hours, the process is still continuing. I don't know why.

Ps: there's another problem when I upgraded the project. If I first open RH2019 classic, and upgrade my robo10 project, after the upgrade finished, then I open RH2019 to upgrade the classic project, all things in the new 2019 project are OK.  If I directly use RH2019 to upgrade my robo10 project, many files just under the root project are missing, like those .hhc, and some pictures.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 26, 2018 Nov 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First question is have you applied the updates to 2019? If not, try that.

You have referred to H5 and that is part of the name of the HTML5 preset you are using. Is there something special about this layout such as some customisations that you have applied? If so, try with a completely unaltered skin.

Did you save the changes to the skin

If it is none of those, then I think we need to see the other settings.

On the upgrade issue, try deleting the CPD file in the 2019 Classic project and reopening the project.

See www.grainge.org for free RoboHelp and Authoring information.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, Perter. I removed some contents in the table of contents file, and regenerate the output again. After a few minutes, the generating succeeded. So I guess, the new RH2019 may have some problem when generating outputs with long .toc file, but in fact my .toc file is only 100kb.

And I think if RH2019 can display the progress, for example how many minutes left to finish, it will be more friendly.

For the upgrade problem, I found I was wrong upgrading from rh10 project by using RH2019, because RH2019 only supports upgrade the classic project. So I think I should convert rh10 project to classic project first, then with RH2019 to upgrade it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you face the issues once you had upgraded from RH10 -> RH2017 (Classic) and then tried in the new application ?

Thanks

Amitoj Singh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

NO. Like I said before, RH2019 has two applications when installed, RH2019 and RH2019(Classic). If I upgrade R10 using RH2019, it's wrong, but first using RH2019(Classic), then upgrade the RH2019(Classic), it's right.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 27, 2018 Nov 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For the upgrade problem, I found I was wrong upgrading from rh10 project by using RH2019, because RH2019 only supports upgrade the classic project. So I think I should convert rh10 project to classic project first, then with RH2019 to upgrade it.

In this context, Classic means any previous version of RoboHelp. You should be able to upgrade directly from RoboHelp 10.

My guess is that it is not the length of your TOC but something in it. That means the options are to track down which of the items you removed is causing the issue or simply accept the workaround of upgrading to 2019 Classic first.

See www.grainge.org for free RoboHelp and Authoring information.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 27, 2018 Nov 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I can confirm that RH9 and RH10 projects do not upgrade to RH2019 (New) successfully. Peter, I discovered this using your "RH9 merge" and "RH10 merge within merge" demo projects.

RH11 projects upgrade with a few problems (e.g. the conditional build expressions are not created.)

I logged the RH11 issue (RH-3182), and I thought I'd logged an issue for the RH9 and RH10 issue, but I can't find it (mind you, I smashed the bug tracker over a two week period, so I might have just dreamed submitting it   ).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp