Highlighted

RH2020: Condition Tags Ignored at Paragraph Level

New Here ,
Aug 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using RH2020.0.156

Well, this is an odd one. I have a topic that is shared between three applications (and we have four total): IC, Mobile, and Fusion (but not PG).

The topic is tagged as Not_PG (meaning it will show up for IC, Mobile, and Fusion).

Within the content, there are three tags: IC (only shows for IC output), Mobile_Fusion (shows for both Mobile and Fusion outputs), and Fusion (only shows for Fusion output).

In all outputs, if the condition tag is included at the paragraph level instead of the character level, it's being ignored and showing up for all outputs.

For example, this doesn't work, i.e. it's showing up for all outputs even though it's tagged for IC only:

<p class="Note" data-condition="Others:InformaCast">Note: If you disabled the automatic import of certificates...</p>

And this does work, i.e. it only shows up in the IC output:

<p class="Note"><span data-condition="Others:InformaCast">Note:If you disabled the automatic import of certificates...</span></p>

Even odder, everything shows up correctly in Preview mode, i.e. stuff excluded at the paragraph level stays excluded. 

Please tell me there's a fix for this. I have a lot of conditional text that's tagged at the paragraph level.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

RH2020: Condition Tags Ignored at Paragraph Level

New Here ,
Aug 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using RH2020.0.156

Well, this is an odd one. I have a topic that is shared between three applications (and we have four total): IC, Mobile, and Fusion (but not PG).

The topic is tagged as Not_PG (meaning it will show up for IC, Mobile, and Fusion).

Within the content, there are three tags: IC (only shows for IC output), Mobile_Fusion (shows for both Mobile and Fusion outputs), and Fusion (only shows for Fusion output).

In all outputs, if the condition tag is included at the paragraph level instead of the character level, it's being ignored and showing up for all outputs.

For example, this doesn't work, i.e. it's showing up for all outputs even though it's tagged for IC only:

<p class="Note" data-condition="Others:InformaCast">Note: If you disabled the automatic import of certificates...</p>

And this does work, i.e. it only shows up in the IC output:

<p class="Note"><span data-condition="Others:InformaCast">Note:If you disabled the automatic import of certificates...</span></p>

Even odder, everything shows up correctly in Preview mode, i.e. stuff excluded at the paragraph level stays excluded. 

Please tell me there's a fix for this. I have a lot of conditional text that's tagged at the paragraph level.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 27, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are there condition tags on the problem topic? Have you used "Include" anywhere in your condition expressions? Just trying to see if there might be other interactions going on.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 27, 2020 0
New Here ,
Aug 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Amebr.

There are condition tags at the topic and content level of this topic.

None of my condition expressions use Include statements.

A few more details:

• This wasn't a problem in RH2019, and I've changed nothing aside from upgrading to RH2020.
  • While I am citing a specific topic for example purposes, this problem affects ALL topics. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 28, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently discovered that AND/OR work in different ways to what you might expect. This is because of historical reasons from long before Adobe came on the scene but if they change it, that would mess everyone up. What can be done is reviewed.

Meantime I have prepared a PDF that explains how expressions should be working. I can't upload it here so email me via my Contact page. It does rather sound as if the way the tags and expressions are working is not what you would expect.

My suggestion would be that rather than play around with your live project, create a new project with just the minimum number of topics to test things noting what's in the PDF. If that works, you have your answer, if not come back and let us know.

www.grainge.org for free RoboHelp & Authoring info. Use the blue Reply button at the top to help me help you.
The black Reply link nests replies and they sort out of order.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 28, 2020 0