• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RH2020: CSS Styles for PDF documents

Explorer ,
Oct 16, 2020 Oct 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've found a couple of other topics on the boards relating to this, but it looks like they might be for different versions of Robohelp.

Thanks to Peter's great help on my PDF build issue I am on a roll. One more question ... it appears that the online docs generate fine as far as styles go. I'm using different master pages for online and print (different headers and footers).  I attached the same style sheet to the master pages. 

The online docs use the style sheet as intended, but the PDF does not (it's like the styles don't exist). I've seen other posts that indicate that online and print need to use different style sheets.

What do I need to add to the online style sheet to get the PDF Output to recognize that it will be used for print output?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Oct 18, 2020 Oct 18, 2020

I believe I found the cause to this. My main style sheet was using a non-standard font intstead of Web-safe fonts. Once I changed the body to use standard Web fonts, both the Web and the PDF generated with the same fonts.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Oct 17, 2020 Oct 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I still have your project. Which output and which master page is this happening in?

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 17, 2020 Oct 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Ref_PDF master page, and the Bondware Manuals.css style sheet are the ones I have been using for PDF generation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 18, 2020 Oct 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe I found the cause to this. My main style sheet was using a non-standard font intstead of Web-safe fonts. Once I changed the body to use standard Web fonts, both the Web and the PDF generated with the same fonts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 18, 2020 Oct 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you want to use other fonts see https://www.grainge.org/pages/authoring/fonts/fonts.htm

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp