• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

rh2020 - disabling all caps in frameless studio layout

Participant ,
Dec 03, 2020 Dec 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The the frameless studio skin of rh 2020, the default font is all caps. So all button labels, tile titles, main title appears LIKE THIS. Is there a way to turn it off all caps and move switch to regular sentence case.

TOPICS
New UI

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The css property you want is text-transform, but I can't see any way of editing that in RH, so you'll need to go the custom css route. (If you happen to find a place in the editor to change it, please do post back. 🙂  )

The Computed tab in the Developer Tools is good for this, as it can show you where the selected element is inheriting the property from. Once you find the relevant css class, you add that to your custom css with the values you want, and add the css to the User Assets section of the skin.

I don't have RH2020 to show you with the Studio skin, but hopefully this screenshot will give you the idea. In this example, I filter the Computed list by color to find where the colour of the element is coming from. In this case it's inheriting the font colour from div.header h1, so if I wanted to change the colour and I couldn't set in in the skin, that's what I'd add to my custom style sheet.

You'll filter by text-transform to find where the uppercase is coming from. 

Amebr_0-1607039043324.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sharing these pointers. I changed the text-transform value from uppercase to capitalize in the layoutdiff.css file of the Studio skin. Then regenerated the output and it looks perfect now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 04, 2020 Dec 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Nice spot Amber. I had referred this to the designer of the skin and his answer, same as yours, came in just as I had to go out.

Text transform is what is causing the behaviour rather than a fix and it should be in the skin editor. It was suggested you file a bug report so that this gets added.

Please follow this link to report bugs. https://tracker.adobe.com

Post the link to your bug report in this thread and others can vote for it. The more people who do so, the higher it gets prioritised.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp