RH2020: Generating Output Hangs RoboHelp

New Here ,
Aug 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I upgraded from RH2019 (Re-imagined) to RH 2020.0.156 and I can no longer generate my HTML5 output. Selecting Generate in any of my output presets causes the RH screen to go completely white and hang. From that state, while I can still see the menus, selecting Help | Restart RoboHelp does nothing. Ditto for clicking the X icon. I have to close it through the Taskbar or Task Manager.

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Jeff_Coatsworth | Adobe Community Professional

Try creating a new (not copied) preset & see how that behaves.

TOPICS
Output presets

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

RH2020: Generating Output Hangs RoboHelp

New Here ,
Aug 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I upgraded from RH2019 (Re-imagined) to RH 2020.0.156 and I can no longer generate my HTML5 output. Selecting Generate in any of my output presets causes the RH screen to go completely white and hang. From that state, while I can still see the menus, selecting Help | Restart RoboHelp does nothing. Ditto for clicking the X icon. I have to close it through the Taskbar or Task Manager.

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Jeff_Coatsworth | Adobe Community Professional

TOPICS
Output presets

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 14, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 14, 2020 0
New Here ,
Aug 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That also did not work, although it hung in a different way.

As directed, I created a brand new preset using all of the same settings as one of my existing presets. This time, selecting Generate still caused RH to hang, but instead of the screen going white, the pop-up progress box just endlessly spun on "Starting generation..."

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 14, 2020 0
Aug 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's a known issue there. Close RoboHelp and restart it. This time it should generate using the new preset.

Please use the blue Reply button at the top to help me help you. The black Reply link nests replies and they sort out of order.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 14, 2020 0
New Here ,
Aug 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Jeff and Peter. Restarting RH and selecting my new preset worked. So, I should recreate my eight presets, close RH, and open it again?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 14, 2020 0
Aug 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds like you need to recreate them. You only need to close and reopen if it sticks at Starting Generation.

Please use the blue Reply button at the top to help me help you. The black Reply link nests replies and they sort out of order.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 14, 2020 0