• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RH2020 > Importing Word files: Spaces between words in the file name are converted to underscores

New Here ,
Jan 22, 2021 Jan 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi - wondering if anybody can help as I am fairly new to RH (started with 2020).

When importing Word files, spaces between words in the file name are replaced with underscores in the Topic name in RH. When I generate the output, the underscores are showing in the button labels in my frameless skin.

I do not want the underscores to show (I want spaces between the words used in the button labels).

lburish_1-1611351123405.png

Any help would be appreciated!

TOPICS
Classic , Output presets

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 23, 2021 Jan 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have tagged your post Classic but 2020 doesn't come with a Classic version, you are working with the new UI. I will correct that later.

It would help if you could show a bit more of the screen to see where this button is appearing.

Also please go to the Help menu and confirm which version you are on. The latest is 2020.3. If you are not on that, please see this post before trying to update.

I think there may have been a bug but I'm not sure it will correct things already set up. Post back and then I can help you more.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 25, 2021 Jan 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your response! Sorry about the "classic" tag.

I did have to upgrade to 2020.3. After completing the upgrade, I generated my Frameless output again and unfortunately, the underscores were still present (see screen image). The underscores do not display in RH (I think I initially reported they did show in RH), but they DO display in the Frameless output.  I should also reiterate there are not underscores used in the file name of the Word files I'm importing.  I noticed that the corresponding html pages RH creates do contain underscores. I guess I am going to have to try and create it from scratch in the updated version of RH and see how that works.

lburish_0-1611560214592.png

lburish_1-1611560242612.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 25, 2021 Jan 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try creating a new section in the TOC. My suspicion is the bug has been corrected to stop this happening to anything new but does not correct existing sections.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 27, 2021 Jan 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had to recreate the items (including the customized skin) to achieve the desired output. There may have been a way of altering the existing, customized skin, but I feel it was faster to just start from scratch and eliminate the chance of having any unexpected hiccups pop up as the project progressed. 

Thank you for your assistance!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp