Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RH2020 HTML5 Some Search Result Items display entire topic

Contributor ,
Oct 21, 2020 Oct 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Not sure where to start troubleshooting.  I am using RH2020 MAC - update 1.  I am using the HTML5 output.  When i perform a search, there are some search result items return the entire page text contents in the search results window.  In viewing the topic code, nothing seems to jump out at me that would cause the issue.  In several instances, the term will only be listed once in the topic but the entire topic's contents will be listed in the search results

Research Results for "STIX"

result 1
xxx

result 2

xxxx

result 3

all text in the topic

result 4

xxxxx

TOPICS
New UI

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

in addition.  Noticed that the rhsearch= highlight code is jumbled. 

URL should read:
rhsearch=stix&rhhlterm=stix

correctsearchurl.png

but instead it reads

rhsearch=stix&rhhlterm=ix f ix%2Ft stix

incorrectsearchurl.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't seem to delete this post.  I was able to correct this by doing two things:

1. Disabled the auto correct search query seemed to address the jumbled highlight issue.
  2. Modified the CSS for search results using a separate CSS asset sheet to force the search results to truncate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Why delete it? You have provided a solution that will help someone who hits the same problem. 

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp