• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RH2020 Mac version

Community Beginner ,
Jan 27, 2021 Jan 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anybody have experience with the new Mac version of RH? Is there any difference to the Windows version? Is it possible to import FrameMaker files to create a project?

TOPICS
New UI , Version control

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 28, 2021 Jan 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Mac version is supposed to have all the functionality of the Windows version and as far as I know the only difference is how to install Java if you need to generate PDFs.

That one apart, I haven't seen anyone post to say anything is different.

You have a 30 day free trial and the trial is fully functional.

Once you have created a project you can import Fm files or link to them. How is described in the About RoboHelp sample project if you have installed 2020. Otherwise see Importing/Linking Word/Fm Docs (grainge.org) on my site. The version of Fm needs updating in both. Not sure what it is now, I will check and post back.

I haven't used the Mac version so the above is based on what I have seen posted in the forum and understand from Adobe.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Mac version RoboHelp can currently not import FrameMaker Documents, as FrameMaker is not available for Mac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But can I import FrameMaker Documents in the Windows RH version, and then open the project in the Mac version and continue working there?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am told that the same project can be opened on a Mac and then on Windows and then back to a Mac as nothing OS specfic is put in the project.

I doubt that would work for linking to Fm but for an import it should as topics get created. I suggest you create a simple new project and test it.

Maybe a linked project would work provided you don't do any updating or generate from the Mac machine. Again something to test if you also need to do that.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp