Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RH2020 PDF output master pages margin for header and footer

Enthusiast ,
Oct 06, 2020 Oct 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I am currently testing RH2020, until now my project was created with RH2019 new UI. In 2019, I could perfectly create my PDFs using a master page with header and footer. The page margin defined in the PDF output settings also applied to the master page. Now, in RH2020, this no longer works. The body is within the correct margins, but my header and footer are directly at the outmost position of the page. I tried with my existing master page and also created a new one.

I could not find anything useful in the master page definition section to adjust this, so I did enter the margins manually in the code section. However, I am wondering if there is some more elegant way that works more smoothly. 

Ideas?

Thanks and regards

Karin

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One more thing: in the RH2020 tour of Peter Grainge, it is said something about a book.css to be applied to the master pages. I cannot find this css anywhere in my project 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I noticed the header and footer being a bit tight but haven't yet looked at it. 

Book.css does not get added to existing projects. Create a new project and then lift it from there. I am wondering if I need to do that to get a later copy.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Peter. However, the book.css does not help. I applied it with and without my own css to the master page in case I got it somehow wrong when which css will work, but no changes with regards to header and footer. In my case, they are not "a bit tight" but there is absolutely no space left to the left resp. right border of the page. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you applied the first patch of RH2020 and re-created the PDFs?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am working with RH2020.1.54, this should be the latest version. With this, I created the PDFs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Karin Albrecht - great, just checking because you hadn't mentioned it in the OP.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes Jeff. 🙂

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Book.css seems not to be the issue. I am working on it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The fix I have applied is in the master page header I applied a style with an indent. You could also just apply some inline styling to indent it a bit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Peter. This is exactly what I did now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp