• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RH2020 - publishing to GIT

Participant ,
Nov 24, 2020 Nov 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have GIT for Windows installed and working on my machine. I usually use the GIT command prompt for all dat-to-day GIT operations.

If I integrate RH 2020 with GIT, does RH work as an interface to GIT?
Does GIT-RH2020 integration work well, if anyone has tried?

TOPICS
New UI

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Dec 01, 2020 Dec 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i am using it.  I started with windows and then switched to the mac version when it came out.

Getting the profile set up in Robohelp is tricky.  I was able to get it to work but my co-worker is having issues (pending adobe support call) - it won't accept her ssh private key.  My profile will initially show an error when selecting the ssh key but then clicking on the repo url field again seemed to correct it for me (and allow me to save) while it did not for her.  

With update 2, you can select branches (update one only works with one branch - no switching).  The push and pull works fine with bitbucket.  NOTE:  if you are working on a branch other than master, if you restart RH, it will automatically default to the master branch despite which branch you were previously working in.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Dec 01, 2020 Dec 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i should note that my co-worker can clone the repo onto her local using the mac terminal so its not a permissions issue or trusted connection file error - something with robohelp.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 04, 2022 Feb 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sharing your experiences with RoboHelp and Git connections.
We're working with Git since RoboHelp 2019, under Windows 10 and on 3 workstations in the same project.

I also set up a Git connection for my private macOS RoboHelp installation just for testing. 

After having the same troubles with ssh clients, we changed to https connections. But sometimes we also experience tricky situations with one client while the other two can connect easily.

What we never tried is the branching. Now I know that it wouldn't help that much: staging content for a later release while maintaining an already existing release on the main branch would be very tricky if the Git support is not made for such a scenario. Too bad.

But I also have to say how glad we are to have the Git sync via a single branch. All three of us can work locally, even if the Internet connection breaks sometimes, and synchronize our changes without troubles. We're using a merge tool but rarely need to solve conflicts. All in all it's a highly appreciated feature amongst us!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 06, 2022 Oct 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are testing Git connection in RH 2020 and facing some errors. The following SSH error messagae is getting displayed.

SSH key could not be added to the ssh-agent.

Make sure that ssh-agent is running and the key is valid.

@adobe and all users, please help to resolved the above issues.

Thank you in advance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 06, 2022 Oct 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Ana2021 This is not something I can help you with so if the information already in this thread is not helping you, I suggest you go to Adobe Support. See https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/enterprise-support.other.html#robohelp for your Adobe Support options. The email link tcssup@adobe.com is recommended as it reaches a team dedicated to Technical Communication Suite products including RoboHelp. 

My site www.grainge.org includes many free Authoring and RoboHelp resources that may be of help.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp