• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RH2020 - Responsive HTML5 coffee layout

Participant ,
Nov 12, 2020 Nov 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to customize the responsive HTML5 > Coffee Layout that is provided out of the box. I tried changing the colors of the background and the font but it does not apply. I could add my custom logo. But the colors are not getting updated in the output. Is this an issue with the layout?

TOPICS
New UI

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please use the photo icon above to add a screenshot of the area you are trying to change and the setting you are applying?

Also have you tried clearing the browser cache?

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried clearing cache but didn't work.

I am trying to update these areas with red arrow. The logo I could update.

1.PNG

I am using the below properties in RH to update.

2.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also one more observation. The screenlayout folder in the output folder shows Azure Blue and not Coffee, why is that? I chose the layout as Coffee and not Azure Blue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is Coffee definitely set in the preset?

Are you generating to where you think you are? After generating do you click the View icon as that will definitely be the correct output.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes to both your questions. I guess any changes using theUI will update the coffee css as well right?

Can I manually update that and check? This is a mysterious issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And I also noticed that the cosmetic changes I did to the layout appear in a flash and then disappear. For example if I refresh the page i could see the changes for flash of a second and then  they disappeared and the original coffee skin displayed. Strange behavior. Any idea? Same happens on IE.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I have seen that happen and that it was a caching issue but that was on the server. Are you viewing locally or on a server?

Try generating locally to a different folder and see what happens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried Indigo layout and it works perfect :). I can go with that.

Indigo was earlier decommisioned and now reintroduced in the latest version. Is Indigo good to use now?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 15, 2020 Nov 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ocean is the only skin I can recall being decommissioned back in 2017 days. It's in every version I have looked at.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The fact that it is available in 2020 suggests it is OK but I will check.

If you are changing the skin is there any reason not to go to one of the frameless skins. That is where development will be going forward and there is much more customisation built in to them all.

Context sensitive help calls will be different.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 16, 2020 Nov 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh so if I get it correct, frameless navigation i.e. top navigation will have different mechanism for making context-sensitive calls? is it correct?

And Responsive HTML5 layout with frames for example Indigo will have different?

I am using RH 2017 now with Responsive HTML5 output. If I move to top navigation that is frameless, the context-sensitive calls mechanism will be impacted?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 16, 2020 Nov 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Frameless and responsive calls using URLs differ. See Calling Help on my site.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp