• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RH2020 Reviewer markup and comments move and don't display correctly

Explorer ,
Jun 25, 2021 Jun 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’m on RH 2020.5.71 and started using the Review tool with 4 people doing the reviewing. All the reviewers received the linked emails, and everything was going fine until I started getting the markup and comments back.

Where the reviewers highlighted or made comments is not where I see it. It has jumped to a completely different line/area. A reviewer showed me on his screen how he highlighted a line and when he started to scroll down the highlighter line kept moving around. When he scrolled back up it highlighted the correct line. When I open the document in RoboHelp all highlighting, and comment markup is moved to the wrong line/area. So, I have no idea what needs to be updated!

I'm including two images one is from the reviewer called RH_Reviewer and the other is the image I see as the author called RH_Author. As you can see in the RH_Author all the mark up is in the wrong places.

Any ideas what is happening???

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Jul 23, 2021 Jul 23, 2021

I just wanted to let everyone know that the review process is now working. Surbhi was able to assit in getting this resolved. I have put together a document stating the steps you need to go thru from the author side and the reviewing side. The most important feature is the reviewer MUST do the markup/revisions in an "incognito mode" browser. On the author side I have only been able to see revision markup within RH, not in the browser or creative cloud. Attached is the document with each steps fo

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jun 29, 2021 Jun 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe have been able to replicate this and are looking into it.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 30, 2021 Jun 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

This issue could be related to the fonts referred in the document content and might be due to different font installations on the reviewer's and author's system. This can be verified by opening the review url on both machines and checking if any discrepancy is there.
If it is possible to share the stylesheet used with some sample content we can try to reproduce the issue at our end also. Please share your topic file and CSS file with us at sumahesh@adobe.com  to look into it further.

Thanks and Regards,
Surbhi Maheshwari

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Per the email I received I sent the topic and my css files to the email listed.

Also I have no idea what Surbhi is talking about regarding the URL since I don't see a URL because I see the file in the Review tab in RoboHelp??? Maybe someone can explain that one to me.

Secondly, I'm using the Calibri font so I can't believe that is the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ask Surbhi, that's who you emailed. 🙂

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 06, 2021 Jul 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The adobe support person (Surbhi Maheshwari) who was working on my issue last week their email is no longer valid. Can someone from Adobe please let me know if anyone is still looking at this issue? I would like a status update on where is stands.If there are any work arounds?

Thanks,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Surbhi is from a different section of Adobe, not Support. Her section is closed this week. The address is still good though and I do know it was being looked at.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to clarify, I'm not part of Adobe. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Peter, I do realise you are not part of Adobe. I received an email last week from Surbhi Maheshwari saying they were looking into this issue. I went to email this person back today and I get a message saying it can't be delivered because the email address is no longer valid. So I was reaching out to see who can help me.

Thanks,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try again, definitely correct. I think it's a glitch in the system. I'll check it out in the morning.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have alerted Surbhi to this and hopefully she will respond when she is back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 19, 2021 Jul 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the current status of this issue?

We are facing the same issue and it is very hard to work on the reviews when the highlighting and error correction is not working properly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 19, 2021 Jul 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe was able to get a fix for this issue and pushed out the update so we are in the process of testing the fix.I'm hoping to get everyone here to help with the testing and will report back later this week. At first blush it appears to be working but doing much more through testing.

I agree very difficult to try to guess what needs revisions when its not working properly hoping this fix will work. Stay tuned!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 23, 2021 Jul 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just wanted to let everyone know that the review process is now working. Surbhi was able to assit in getting this resolved. I have put together a document stating the steps you need to go thru from the author side and the reviewing side. The most important feature is the reviewer MUST do the markup/revisions in an "incognito mode" browser. On the author side I have only been able to see revision markup within RH, not in the browser or creative cloud. Attached is the document with each steps for the review process that is working for us.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 27, 2021 Jul 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

is an additional update of RoboHelp necessary?
We have followed the documented steps, but unfortunately we still have partial 50% error rate in the markers. The markers were created directly in RH2020 and I checked them as a reviewer in Chrome - Incognito Mode.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Supposedly Adobe pushed out a update they told me. I just did a check for updates within RH. 

As long as the reviewer has the browser incognito mode and does all their markups incognito mode then I as the author make the corrections within RH.

Now there still are 2 issues with the Adobe alert links and when you click that alert you can't see the documento or markup. You can get around that by not using the alerts to view the markup. Unfortunaely, it is best if the reviewer tells you what topic the markup has been done in then you as the author can open that topic within RH and make the corrections.

Hopefully that helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem for us is that we have 5 authors. However, there are many reviewers in our company, but they do not have RH license. Therefore, we rely on the reviews to work without problems via the browser. We cannot provide an RH license to every employee. We chose RH for this very reason, because reviewers do not need an Adobe license.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 31, 2022 Jan 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thanks for the tip "Incognito mode" !

BUT ! (and I speek to Adobe representatives)

- This is still a tip, which imposes to think about it for the reviewers, that are not doing this each morning...

- As an author, the links received by mail for each comment are not working. So I need to open each toopic to be reviewed, to see if there is some comment on it.

- In order to see the comments AND the docs, I need to open the link I sent to the reviewers, which opens RH on line. Creative Cloud is really useless, and the fact that I installed it on my PC, as requested in your deocumentation, had no effect. Still no access to the documents.

- It would be great, at least, to give this information on Robohelp Help site, so people don't loose their time in discovering this in a forum...

- And it would be better that Adobe solve theese issues !

Thanks in advance to consider the customers... as customers...

Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just had a quick go with the latest patch I installed today (Help > Check for Updates) and the reviewing seems to be working okay.  Highlighting and Strikethrough on text I added in a normal Chrome window appeared on the correct text inside RoboHelp.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have version 2020.5.71 installed.

RH is telling me that we have the latest version...

Seems like they have big problems with markers if an autor is marking some parts in a content and the reviewer is using a browser.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pending this being fixed consider using Pdfs and commenting those.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Before Robohelp, we used Microsoft Word's change tracking... so means back to the roots until the bug is fixed...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 25, 2022 Jan 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know this is an old thread, but I was wondering if anyone had any new information on this problem. I and a colleague are using RH 2020.6.76 and ran across the same problem where all the highlights were shifted. I then discovered a workaround (at least for us). I discovered that I (the reviewer) was using a zoom level of 125% in my browser and she (the author) was using 100%. When I changed to using 100% zoom level, the highlights were no longer shifted. I am posting here in case anyone else runs across the same problem, but also is there a way to get this info to RoboHelp developers?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 25, 2022 Jan 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Meanwhile we don`t have this problem with our reviews anymore. First inkoginto mode worked for us but now we can do the review without any problems, regarding wrong pointers etc. We are using same version as you do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 26, 2022 Jan 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Submit a bug report. Please follow this link to report bugs or request new features. https://tracker.adobe.com. Post the link to your bug report / feature request in this thread and others can vote for it. The more people who do so, the higher it gets prioritised.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp