• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Rh2020 Search with Special Characters

Participant ,
May 12, 2021 May 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Rh2020.4.173.  I have topics named using numbers and other characters such as ? or &.  

I added ? to the special characters in the Responsive HTML5 output but the search still does not return my topic called What is xxxxxx?

Respons Output special character.pngsearch special character.pngSearch no special character.png

How do I get special characters like ?, &, and others to be searchable

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 23, 2021 Jun 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just tested this and it works with & and # but not ?

Did you resolve this?

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 28, 2021 Jun 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Peter,

Thanks for your response and question. We did not have a resolution to having search find materials with a question mark (?).  We are in the process of renaming our materials without special characters.

We were surprised to see numbers 0-9 considered special characters.   I have kept those listed in my output special characters since we have over 160 materials with numbers in the titles.  These are technical documents that need to maintain the numbers in the file name.

Rebecca

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should report it as a bug.

Please follow this link to report bugs. https://tracker.adobe.com

Post the link to your bug report in this thread and others can vote for it. The more people who do so, the higher it gets prioritised.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did back in May.  See RH-9178.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 29, 2021 Jun 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

... but you didn't post a link here as I suggested. I have now added a vote to that bug.

RH-9178 | Tracker (adobe.com)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp