Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RH2020 Update 5 - Problem with Search with Regular Expression in Source Code

Enthusiast ,
Jun 22, 2021 Jun 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I am using RH2020 Update 5 and trying to fix some of my code in the source code. For this, I wanted to use a regular expression. The expression itself seems to be correct (at least, I get the desired results when using it in Notepad++), but the search in RH only keeps on running without returning any results. I tried it with the complete project and also only with one topic open. 

Do I have to create the RegEx somehow different? Is anyone else having issues here?

This is my RegEx:

(?!.*vertical-align).*span style*

What I am trying to achieve with this is to find all <span style tags except those containing vertical-align (because these are my variables).

I have the following settings in the search:

image.png

Thanks and best regards

Karin

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, I have an update on this: if I search only the current file, the search does come to an end after about 8 minutes. So there seems to be a performance issue here. Anyone else having issues?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

is it possible for you to share the topic with us? Would be even better if you could share the project itself.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jun 23, 2021 Jun 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

the problem does not occur if I create a new topic with just one of the affected files. However, you can also see this effect using the sample project "About RoboHelp". In this, open e.g. the file "authoring - Importing_Linking", go to Search and Replace, enter the RegEx

(?!.*vertical-align).*span style*

and use the following settings:

image.png 

In my case, the search in this single file did not come to an end in over 11 minutes. In Notepad++, the search within this file returned the result immediately.

I guess you already have the sample projects, so I did not send you anything. Kindly let me know if you need anything else.

Kind regards

Karin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 23, 2021 Jun 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Sudhanshu Monga I tried that expression in About RoboHelp and whilst it works it does seem to take way more time than I would expect.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp