• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RH9 - Any idea why generating printable output from the Command Line doesn't include images?

Enthusiast ,
Sep 16, 2014 Sep 16, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a batch file that creates a printable output of our main documentation broken up into 36 separate documents, 1 per chapter. Each chapter is a separate layout. I realize that RH has its own Batch building process, but the reason for me doing it through the command line via a batch file (.bat) is that RH keeps taking focus from my mouse and it makes it difficult to do any other computer work while the RH project generates the printable output for those chapters.

Anyway, RH's Batch build works fine.

But the command line for printable output does not include any of my images in the printable output. I don't know why. The document generates with all the topics fine, but the images are missing. No placeholder box in the resulting Word doc, they just simply weren't included. Has anyone else seen this? Any way to fix it?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 08, 2015 Sep 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jared - I am having the same issue in RH11. Did you ever figure this out?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Sep 08, 2015 Sep 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi John. unfortunately, no.

The only thing I use command line compile for now is Html Help (chm) outputs. Even WebHelp with command line had issues with conditional build tags not getting applied the last time I tried it.

I'm using RH 9. I had hoped things would be better in later versions, but seeing that you're running RH 11, I would guess they haven't improved the command line compiler in some time and it probably has the same old bugs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp