• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

rhcl.exe raises an error dialog - can't use it for automation if it's interactive

New Here ,
Jul 19, 2010 Jul 19, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there!

I'm using rhcl.exe (RoboHelp 8.0.2.208) to produce a Printed Documentation. It appears that rhcl.exe raises an error dialog whereas the rhcl.exe thing is called from a batch process that doesn't expect interaction with any user (there's no human to click there).

It is expected to get such interactive dialog from rhcl.exe? Can't this be discarded, timeouted or workarounded in any way to run rhcl in real batch mode?

FYI, the error I get is:

"Printed Documentation

The Printed Documentation Wizard encountered an unexpected error when attempting to generate Printed Documentation"

This error is, BTW, pretty useless 😉 apart the fact that it indicates a failure in the process, it would better dump a more detailed error and fail with the appropriate error code, but that's not my concern right now.

Regards,

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 07, 2018 Mar 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This seems to be the same in 2017 release, is there a way of making rchl.exe run silent?

Regards,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp