• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

rhcl vs. RoboHTML vs. batch job

Jun 04, 2015 Jun 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My state of information:

a) RCHL cannot process .jsx scripts from the commandline.

b) RoboHTML cannot export like RCHL from .jsx scripts

But I need to process a .jsx script before I can export to CHM or whatever else format.

Why I cannot e.g. export via an .jsx from RoboHTML like RCHL is doing?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jun 15, 2015 Jun 15, 2015

In that case, you will have to close the project first. But you can also execute the output from the script without closing. If you get the required SSL (RoboHelp.project.SSLManager), you can execute the SSL from there and keep running the script.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jun 05, 2015 Jun 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can start RoboHelp so that it automatically loads a script:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe RoboHelp 11\RoboHTML\RoboHTML.exe" -x "C:\Users\wweelden\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\RoboHTML\11.00\Scripts\createHelpDelivery.jsx"

I have all the data available in the script: it opens the project, makes any modifications, generates the output and publishes it as a zip in the correct location. Would that be sufficient for your requirements?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jun 05, 2015 Jun 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes definitively!

But how can I create an output from my script like:

rchl.exe "myproject/myproject.xpj" -l "Microsoft HTML Help"

I could use 'RoboHelp.executeCommandline()' but I'm not sure if this even works within RH?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 09, 2015 Jun 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can parse the script as parameter and the project to be opened as well. With RoboHelp.getCommendLineArg(int) you can get a command line parameter that is passed to RoboHelp. That way you can still tell the project and layout to be generated and handle it in the script.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 14, 2015 Jun 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know there is a getCommendLineArg() function, but shall I use executeCommandline() with "rchl.exe" from my script? I assume also that the project which I want to process has to be closed before..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 15, 2015 Jun 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In that case, you will have to close the project first. But you can also execute the output from the script without closing. If you get the required SSL (RoboHelp.project.SSLManager), you can execute the SSL from there and keep running the script.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 15, 2015 Jun 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Willam,

this is exactly I was looking for! Thank you!! Problem solved!

Wil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp