• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RoboHelp 10 generates Webhelp that does not display well in Google Chrome

Community Beginner ,
Dec 11, 2012 Dec 11, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We use RoboHelp 10 and create WebHelp which we post on a webserver. The TOC Index, Search / navigation panes do not display any content. If we generate a version with the "Pure HTML" option instead of the "DHTML" option the navigation panes do show the content, but we would rather not take this route because other functions still don't work properly.

It happens regardless of the contents of the helpfile.

No relevant JavaScript errors show in the console.

We found various tricks that claim to solve this issue but at least for RoboHelp 10 they don't work.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 11, 2012 Dec 11, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think we need to establish whether this is a project issue, a server issue or a RoboHelp for Word issue.

Please open the RoboHelp HTML program and open the Employee Care sample project. Click Open on the RoboHelp Starter page and then click Samples in the ribbon on the left.

Go to the Single Source Layout pods and generate one of the webhelp layouts. Put that on your server and see if it has the same problems. If it does, then that may suggest the issue is with RoboHelp for Word and we can run some more tests to confirm that.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Message was edited by Peter Grainge to correct second paragraph.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 12, 2012 Dec 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have tested the RoboHTML sample project and that does work on our server.

So I guess the issue is related to RoboHelp for Word.

Do you have any suggestions to run some more tests to confirm that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem is with your project, not the application. BTW you are using RH HTML not RHML for Word right?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a kludge but it may get you out of a hole.

Use RoboHelp for Word to generate a CHM instead of WebHelp. For Colum's benefit I know the poster is using RoboHelp for Word from a previous post.

Reverse engineer the CHM following the instructions on my site.

Open that the reverse engineered project in RoboHelp HTML and generate from there.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will try your suggestion. Does this imply that a solution / fix for this issue in RoboHelp for Word is not to be expected?

Finally, would your reverse engineering conversion suggestion give better results than the standard "import & convert .hpj project" option offered in RoboHelp HTML? I have tried this option before and at a first glance I noticed most topic links were broken.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Only Adobe can answer the first question but I would not recommend holding your breath! Please do submit a bug report as otherwise there is no chance of a fix. Please follow this link.

http://www.Adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform&product=38

I have not tested the method using a CHM generated from RoboHelp for Word so I cannot give you that assurance. However, I cannot see why it would be any different and the links work whenever I have reverse engineered a CHM.

The downside of course is any build tags will be lost as your source will be just whatever was in the output.

The process only takes a short while so it's worth a try.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

... Of course, losing build tags or anything else is only an issue if you plan to convert to using RoboHelp HTML. If you are going to continue working in RoboHelp for Word, then this kludge is only a means of getting the help onto a server so that loss will not matter.

That said, working in RoboHelp HTML is better. It's kept more up to date and there is more support.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 17, 2015 Jun 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been having this same issue, and I have researched many "tricks" but none seem to work. Was there ever an answer to this issue?

Eventually we plan to update the files to RH HTML 11 but it won't be until next year due to lack of available personnel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 20, 2015 Jun 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Only the workaround that I have given above. I would not expect RoboHelp for Word to be updated. It is not even included in RoboHelp 11.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp