• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RoboHelp 10, HHC4006: Warning: The file "xxxx.gif" is already listed in the [FILES] section of the project file.

Sep 23, 2014 Sep 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi RoboCommunity:

I am using RoboHelp 10 and producing HTML help .chm

I am lone-writer crafting help for a new product. The company purchasing the product and online help provided me with one of their help files, so I could produce something similar.

I have several unique .htt files. Each type provides a unique look and feel (yellow mean one thing, blue means another, etc).

The compiled help includes the following warning:

HHC4006: Warning:

The file "images\qual_01.gif" is already listed in the [FILES] section of the project file.

I have a total of 5 of these warnings. Each warning is associated with a different .gif image.

I have searched the directory for possible duplicates, but there are none.

I used RoboHelp many years ago until my twin girls arrived. They are now 14. My previous version was RH v4. I think this is the correct forum to pose this question. Please forgive my post if it is in error.

Thank you for any assistance.

jean

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Sep 23, 2014 Sep 23, 2014

Hi there

This is likely just an innocuous warning that the files are listed as Baggage or something. If you add a file as Baggage and it exists in a topic, it really doesn't hurt anything.

If the warnings bother you, you might want to perform a quick double-check of your baggage and see if they are listed there.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

This is likely just an innocuous warning that the files are listed as Baggage or something. If you add a file as Baggage and it exists in a topic, it really doesn't hurt anything.

If the warnings bother you, you might want to perform a quick double-check of your baggage and see if they are listed there.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rick, 

I took a leap of faith and removed the problem xxx.gif from the baggage files... Clean run!

I still need to do a little more research/education regarding Baggage Files.

Thanks again!

jean

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Think of Baggage files as a simple way to include content that the help system may not be aware of. Imagine going on a trip with a child. Perhaps you are traveling to the beach. The child may need a large umbrella to keep shaded. You know this, but the child doesn't. So you toss a big umbrella in the trunk of the car. When you get to the beach, you now have access to the umbrella because it is in the trunk. The same holds true for RoboHelp and Baggage.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 23, 2018 Apr 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Rick - - I don't have an umbrella (Baggage file).. That said, I have similar errors (ref below) when outputting CHM and inquiring where to look next, so I can clean up the dust.

Thank You!

Cheers! ~PM

Using Rh 2017 / Win 10 OS

Compiling x:\doc_4x\html\apps\output\ar\flexi\far32.chm

The file "src\ar\image\skeletongrp.gif" is already listed in the [FILES] section of the project file.

The file "src\ar\image\contactdefinition.gif" is already listed in the [FILES] section of the project file.

... And many more...

Note: CHM files operational wise, are not an issue. However, the warnings bothers the boss .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp