• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RoboHelp 10 - MultiScreen HTML5 - stopping expanded topic trees closing when new topic is opened

New Here ,
Mar 23, 2016 Mar 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

I've just finished making my first project within RoboHelp, and everything is looking good apart from where I'm struggling to make one change:

How do I stop expanded topic books closing when a new topic is opened?

At the moment I have several topics and subtopics, and I want expanded topic trees to remain expanded even if a subtopic in another topic is viewed.

I'm using the "Desktop_Knowledge" built in screen layout, so will I need to change the HTML for the buttons on the screen layout editor?

Thank you for any help!

Adam

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Mar 23, 2016 Mar 23, 2016

This is related to the way Multiscreen HTML5 is created. What will happen is that the currently opened topic will be highlighted and the TOC expanded to that point. But that is all. No solution is possible within Multiscreen HTML5.

To solve the issue, you will have to upgrade to RoboHelp 2015 and switch to Responsive HTML5.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think that’s controlled by the “Synch” setting in the Single Source Layouts

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is related to the way Multiscreen HTML5 is created. What will happen is that the currently opened topic will be highlighted and the TOC expanded to that point. But that is all. No solution is possible within Multiscreen HTML5.

To solve the issue, you will have to upgrade to RoboHelp 2015 and switch to Responsive HTML5.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, missed the MultiScreen bit there – I was thinking WebHelp ;>)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 24, 2016 Mar 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you very much for your responses - ah well, it was just a preference really and everything works ok otherwise.

Thanks again both!

Adam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp