• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RoboHelp 10 Project Doesn't Point to Custom Skin Folder...Why?

Explorer ,
Aug 03, 2015 Aug 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my RoboHelp 10 Project Skin Folder, I saved image files I created from scratch and a custom (renamed) .skn file to a folder named Custom. RoboHelp uses a default skin instead because I'm getting it is pointing to the default skin folder. How can I change this so that the project points to the custom images and .skn file?

What we have tried so far:

1. We have tried to import the custom skin folder to the Skins folder in the left pane.

2. We have renamed the file and tried to import it (repeating step 1).

3. We have tried to select the custom skin from the Skins Web Gallery (it doesn't show up there).

4. In desperation, tried to drag the custom folder to the Skins folder in the left pane?

Note: I am not able to share the files; they contain confidential information.

Thank you in advance for any guidance you can provide.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 03, 2015 Aug 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the problem is that you can't see the skin file in the Import Skin dialog box, make sure that you select the correct type of skin file in the drop-down list to the right of File name. For me, it defaulted to Compressed AIRHelp Skin, which may not be what you want (but you didn't mention what output you are generating). Also, you can't import a folder as such - you select the skn file, and that should import everything into the structure RH needs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 04, 2015 Aug 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the response. Maybe I am confusing the skin files with other files that RoboHelp needs to point to in order to get the image logo and button image that I want to appear on the top navigation bar of the generated output? To clarify, when I go to the Project Set-up pane to the left, I see a folder named "Skins". When I try to import the skin file I want, I can go to the !SkinSubFolder! and select the .skn file I want. Then this message appears, "The skin name in this file is already in the project." I'm guessing it is using the correct skin file because all the other buttons and icons appear on the top level nav bar of the generated output. I am just missing two image logos in that top level nav bar. How do I point to these so I see them in the generated output? When I generate the help files, I am using WebHelp_Pro (Primary Layout). In the WebHelp Pro dialog box, the Skin drop-down menu does NOT contain the skin (.skn file, I am assuming) I want to point to and the Gallery does not have it, either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Try this. Double-click your WebHelp layout. Then click the Navigation section on the left.

Do you see the "missing" buttons on the right with empty check boxes? If so, click to place a check mark in them. Generate and see if the problem is solved.

tmp1.png

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Rick:

Good question. I went into my WebHelp dialog box and the Skin Selection does NOT give me a choice to pick the skin I want to display. Also. I click Navigate and in the Toolbar Buttons section, my button is not listed. When I generate the files, I get the same result.

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@x0y – are you hosting this help on a server running RH Server? If not, don’t bother using the “Pro” layouts – they’re specifically intended to work with RH Server.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ahhh, good catch there, Jeff!

Yep, WebHelp Pro bites so many folks that way. I've always hated that name because it makes folks just immediately choose it thinking it's gotta be "all that and a bag of chips".

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you all for your responses.

I was able to import the skin I wanted only when I created a new project. Then I edited the custom skin to include the image files I wanted to show in the top-level nav.

I will be generating my RoboHelp files using WebHelp from now on. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp