• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RoboHelp 10 Web Help output is a blank page in IE 11, even after applying all the fixes from Adobe!

New Here ,
Jun 26, 2015 Jun 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've applied all of the Adobe fixes but still get the blank page in IE 11. It even says "Blank page" on the title bar.

Chrome works fine. FireFox not at all (even with the Adobe fix added).

Not sure what else to do. My initial configuration when I got TCS4 was with IE 8. That was fine. Then, with the company mandated upgrades from IE, it started to give blank pages. All of the Adobe fixes - RH10.zip, FixForRH10Install.zip, IE11Fix_RH10.zip, whutils.zip (FireFox) - have added up to:

• Not working with FireFox
  • IE 11 opens a blank page. On the software it's in, there are two help options -- to open the help at the initial page, or to open it at the specific dialog box you're in. It doesn't open the initial page, but will open the individual dialog help pages.
  • No problems with Chrome.

Is this an Adobe issue, browser issue, or my own lack of understanding issue??

I had a developer look at it briefly, and below are his initial comments.

Any insight as to what to do would be appreciated. Thanks,

dan

==========================================================================================================================

On chrome, basically, the code open a blank window with method window.open(), and then reset the window URL to the target html page so that the blank window get refreshed with correct HTML content, but sometimes not sure under what condition, the second window.open() just open a new window instead of using the already opened blank window. Check the below chrome debugger screenshot for detail, line 232 and 233.

A2--0024.png

Things even strange on Firefox, it always popup two windows, the first is blank, the second displays the help content. The follow screenshot shows where the two windows pop-up, it is quite different with Chrome.

A2--0025.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 06, 2015 Jul 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 07, 2015 Jul 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just wondering, when you said "before going all out," do you mean to uninstall/re-install RoboHelp? Or something else?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 08, 2015 Jul 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Going all out means modifying the API and the RH output scripts to avoid the problem. Not something you want to do when there is an alternative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've told the developer about the suggested fix (window.RH_ShowHelp(0, '/mhelp/index.htm>Mainwindow>>newwnd=true', 1, 0), and will let you know how it goes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Willam,

Got the results from the developer:

==================================================================================

Yes, code update is needed to fix this.

The suggested usage mentioned in previous email cannot fix the issue.

window.RH_ShowHelp(0, '/mhelp/index.htm>Mainwindow>>newwnd=true', 1, 0)

but if pass 0 as the third argument of the RH_ShowHelp function, the issue get resolved.

window.RH_ShowHelp(0, '/mhelp/index.htm>Mainwindow', 0, 0)

according to file RoboHelp_CSH.js, the third argument of method RH_ShowHelp() is to specify the command to display help, it  can be any one of the following:

var HH_DISPLAY_TOPIC = 0; 

var HH_DISPLAY_TOC = 1;

var HH_DISPLAY_INDEX = 2;

var HH_DISPLAY_SEARCH = 3;

var HH_HELP_CONTEXT = 15;

0~3 is to display the default topic and the Search, Index, or TOC pane.  Note: The pane displayed in WebHelp Enterprise will always be the window's default pane.

15 is to display the topic associated with the Map ID sent in dwData, if 0, then default topic is displayed.

Not sure why HH_DISPLAY_TOC does not work but HH_DISPLAY_TOPIC does.

=============================================================================================

For the last comment, any ideas why HH_DISPLAY_TOC does not work?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 16, 2015 Jul 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still waiting to hear from the developers, but it seems to point to the software that calls index.htm, at least I hope so. I'll post when I hear anything.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 27, 2015 Jul 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How about the X-UA-Compatibility meta tag?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 27, 2015 Jul 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks. I've submitted your suggestion to the developers working on it and will let you know how it goes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp