• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RoboHelp 10

New Here ,
May 12, 2016 May 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a table of labeled buttons on our Welcome page and I want to be able to have a user click on a button to see all the related topics under that button.  How can I do this in RoboHelp 10??

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Bear with me. I've just put a video together to show you how to accomplish it.

Might be half an hour or so...

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, here's the link!

Click here to view

Lemme know if if makes sense.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 13, 2016 May 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rick,

The video you provided made perfect sense!  I think I may need to go another route however.  I manage a Help File which Call Center CSRs use for processes, etc.  I have multiple folders in my Project File that have a list of Topics under them, sometimes there are 30 or 40 topics under that folder.  I don't think that either of the examples you provided will fit my needs.  I'm thinking that what I need to do is to have my buttons on my Welcome page point to the specific folder and then show a list of the entries?  Then from there, each of the entries in the list would be a hyperlink to the specific entry.   Make sense?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ahhh, welcome to the world I formerly inhabited! On the outside chance it will help, I had a huge help system I developed for a call center where I worked.

For me, I put tons of effort into the Index. So I stressed the Index usage. My TOC was structured like this:

tmp1.png

And note that you don't see an Index button, but instead a button labeled "Search". That's because I used the image for the Search to actually cause the Index to open. There simply was no full text search. I pulled a smoke and mirrors trick.

At one point I had the Default Topic simply presenting this image that had image map regions on it. (click this image to see a possibly larger view with more detail)

bookshelf_screen6.gif

Anyhoo, hope something here either helps directly or triggers a thought that will!

Happy Friday... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rick,

These are what my buttons look like and I think they pretty much match your books.  What I want is if a CSR presses 911 for example, it would map them to all the topics under 911.  I think we are getting closer.........

Buttons.png

Shari

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hmmm, you are making me remember things! LOL

Another way to make this work would be to use the See Also feature.

tmp1.png

Basically, you would do this. In the See Also pod (that you get when double-clicking See Also.

You would type a keyword into the field, then map the desired topics to the keyword.

tmp2.png

Then, just as the video I posted earlier showed, you could map the buttons to a See Also control that would be hidden.

I personally like this approach as it's super efficient to maintain. Once things are configured, you never have to touch that page with the buttons again. Unless, of course, you need to add or remove a button. All you have to do is ensure that you map the topic to the correct keyword.

And another possibility would be to create an actual topic for each of the buttons. And in that topic, you would have hyperlinks that pointed to the other topics. Then just make each button a hyperlink that popped up the topic containing the links. So during use, the user would click perhaps the 911 button, then see a popup topic listing all the topics linked to things about 911. The thing I dislike about this approach is that you would have to edit the related popup topics to remove or add links to the desired topics.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp