I have TCS5, RH11, FM12, all patched up.
I have a FM book that comprises only FM files and only one of those FM files has any images; the rest just have text that uses paragraph and character styles.
When I do the following, RH just hangs and I have to end task on it. I have given RH several hours, but the problem never resolves well. FM and all other applications except Google Chrome are closed when I do this.
1) Open RoboHelp.
2) Click File > New > Project.
3) Choose Application Help and click OK.
4) Enter appropriate content in the New Project Wizard and click Finish.
5) In RoboHelp, click File > Link > FrameMaker document.
6) Select either the book file OR an individual fm file; experience shows what happens is the same either way.
7) Click Open.
At this point, the Scanning dialog box opens and animations of files moving left to right and being scanned displays. This never goes away. RoboHelp is done for.
How can I link FrameMaker files to a new project?
There were issues with linking, but I thought they had been resolved with the latest patches. Your FM content updates with no issues? Are you getting the same result with importing? Anything weird with the images?
There was nothing to update in FM, no generated lists, etc. Book opened fine as did all the FMs, though. Images in only one place, but PNGs nothing weird. Removed and reinstalled TSC 3 times. Am going to try importing.
It seems to be working now. A new day. Nothing changed, that I know of. Still would like to know what happened.