• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RoboHelp 11: Header and Footer Issue

New Here ,
Nov 09, 2015 Nov 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been trying to use RoboHelp 11's new header and footer feature for printed documentation, but haven't had much luck with the output. I created a Master Page for the basis, and added some simple text (doc title in the header, copyright in the footer) and some background shading. However, once I generate the output, the shading and text display incorrectly. See images below for an example of what I'm getting.

Did I miss something when I created the Master Page or generated the output? Also, I am using Word 2013, and I've read pretty much everywhere that RH11 and Word 2013 have had issues for a lot of other users, but I couldn't find anything pertaining specifically to this issue.

Thanks in advance for any information you can provide,

Steven

Header.jpgFooter.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 12, 2015 Nov 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have moved this thread to the Printed Documentation forum.

Can you set up a simple one or two topic project that illustrates this problem and send it to me? See the Contact page on my site and send the project as instructed there. Do make sure you include a link to this thread and please do not email the project direct.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 23, 2015 Nov 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Stephen

I have your project but my email to you was rejected. Please add the address you used to your whitelist or send me another address.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 23, 2015 Nov 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Peter,

I've added your address to the safe sender's list. Please try it again and let me know if it fails again.

Thanks,

Steven

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 26, 2015 Nov 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still being rejected. For the moment I am unable to do anything as I am unwell.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 28, 2015 Nov 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have looked at the sample project you sent me but nothing has been set up to use Master Pages to give you headers and footers.

Take a look at the sample project Employee Care 2 in Rh11 and see the topic there on Printed Documentation. Click Open on the RoboHelp Starter page and then click Samples in the ribbon on the left.

If that doesn't get things working as you want, then send me an updated sample and describe exactly what is not as required.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 30, 2015 Nov 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Strange that you're still getting rejected. I will try to find another email address you can use.

After looking at the sample project, I think it must have something to do with style mapping. My guess is that the styles in the header and footer are not mapping correctly, causing the printed output to display the header and footers incorrectly, as in my example in the opening post. I will play with it a bit more and send you an updated sample this week.Thanks again for your help on this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 07, 2015 Dec 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have replied direct. For anyone else. the problem seems to be that the master page was being specified in the topic rather than in the print layout dialog.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp