• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RoboHelp 11-Issue with drop-downs Font, Font size, and Zoom

Participant ,
Nov 11, 2015 Nov 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a user guide which was created before I became the technical writer. I started using RoboHelp 7 and I am not sure if this guide was created in an earlier version of RoboHelp. I was upgraded to RoboHelp 9 then to version 11. The file contains 3237 files, 480 folders and the size is 64.5 MB. I had someone backing me up when I was out of the office. She used different font on some topics than what was used in the rest of the guide. (Arial was used in the guide, she used Calibri.) I am now updating the guide and I cannot change the font. When my cursor is sitting on text within a topic the heading and font fields keeps flashing. Header flashes from Normal to Heading 1 and Font  flashes Times New Roman and Arial. When I click the drop-down for font, I am unable to select anything because the drop-down keeps scrolling, If I try to scroll up, the drop-down keeps going back to Time New Roman. And it happens so fast I am unable to click on a selection. I tried selecting the font within the topic and right clicking on the mouse selecting Font. I am able to select the font I want, but when I click OK, the font is not displayed in the size it should be. Font size 12 is displaying very small. Does anyone know what may be causing this issue and what I can do to remedy it? Thank you for any help you can provide.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Nov 12, 2015 Nov 12, 2015

What happens if you choose None for the associated Style Sheet?

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Nov 11, 2015 Nov 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you show some of the HTML of the topic where this is causing issues? Perhaps it's easy to see what's going on from there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 12, 2015 Nov 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is a screen shot of one of the topics causing the issue:

Thanks,

Michele

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Curious if this fast flashing thing happens if you create a brand new topic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it does. The font shown is Times New Roman, but the font on the topic appears to be Arial, as are most all the topics in the guide. It's like Time New Roman has taken over.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What happens if you choose None for the associated Style Sheet?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 13, 2015 Nov 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Changing the Style Sheet to None fixes the issue. Awesome!!!

Now my question is, do I have to open every topic and change the style sheet or is there an easier way to do it?

Thank you so very much!

Michele

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Highlight all the topics in the topic list
  2. Open Properties dialog box with right click menu
  3. Select the style sheet you want (or None) on the Appearance tab.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you so much! That made my stress level plummet!

Everyone have a very blessed weekend!

Michele

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp