• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RoboHelp 11 - JavaHelp JDK-Selection fails silently - are there any logs that I could view?

Sep 07, 2015 Sep 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I'm migrating a RoboHelp Project from Version 9 to Version 11, and so far everything went smooth.

But now I faced a problem that is a show stopper:

• In the ssl dialogue for generating java help I get a prompt to select a JDK after clicking "Next", "Save" or "Save and proceed"
  • After selecting a JDK the prompt closes and I am back in the ssl dialogue
  • When clicking "Next", "Save" or "Save and proceed" the JDK selection prompt opens again...

I assume that something goes wrong in the Background that is not forwarded to the user. If I select a wrong JDK folder on purpose then I get a "normal" error message stating that no java.exe and so on could be found...

I was able to reproduce the behavior on two different PCs.

So my Question is: How can I find out what's going wrong?

- Are there logs I could look at?

- Can I turn on some kind of debug mode to get logs?

BTW: I am using Version 11.0.4

Any help would be highly appreciated as the JavaHelp Generation is critical to us.

Best regards

Andy

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Deleted User
Sep 08, 2015 Sep 08, 2015

I did not find a answer to the "where are the logs" part of my question, but with a lot of trial and error I found a solution to the initial problem that stood in the way of generating the JavaHelp:

I downloaded and installed a very old version of the Java SDK (1.2.2_017) and installed it on the system I am working on. After installing that Java version the JavaHelp 2.0 did generate again.

Best regards

Andy

Votes

Translate

Translate
Sep 08, 2015 Sep 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I did not find a answer to the "where are the logs" part of my question, but with a lot of trial and error I found a solution to the initial problem that stood in the way of generating the JavaHelp:

I downloaded and installed a very old version of the Java SDK (1.2.2_017) and installed it on the system I am working on. After installing that Java version the JavaHelp 2.0 did generate again.

Best regards

Andy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp