Highlighted

Robohelp 11 not Linking or Importing .docx or docm

New Here ,
Feb 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just got RoboHelp 11 installed. I specifically upgraded to allow me to link my many Microsoft Word 2007 and Microsoft Word 2010 since RoboHelp 8 will not allow you to .docx files.  When I try to link there Word docs, it only shows me options for .doc and .rtf files (as shown below). I have the Microsoft Office 2010 suite installed and usable on my computer.  As the tutorials state:

You can create a RoboHelp project by importing a Word document. To import Word files, you must have Microsoft

Word installed on your computer.

Note: DOCX and DOCM formats are not supported by versions earlier than Microsoft Word 2007. See Microsoft Word

I was able to create a new project using a .docx file, but even that project once created shows this same window without the .docx and .docm options when linking or importing new Word Documents.

Is there a setting or an update that is needed to allow me to select .docx file types for Linking and Importing?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Robohelp 11 not Linking or Importing .docx or docm

New Here ,
Feb 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just got RoboHelp 11 installed. I specifically upgraded to allow me to link my many Microsoft Word 2007 and Microsoft Word 2010 since RoboHelp 8 will not allow you to .docx files.  When I try to link there Word docs, it only shows me options for .doc and .rtf files (as shown below). I have the Microsoft Office 2010 suite installed and usable on my computer.  As the tutorials state:

You can create a RoboHelp project by importing a Word document. To import Word files, you must have Microsoft

Word installed on your computer.

Note: DOCX and DOCM formats are not supported by versions earlier than Microsoft Word 2007. See Microsoft Word

I was able to create a new project using a .docx file, but even that project once created shows this same window without the .docx and .docm options when linking or importing new Word Documents.

Is there a setting or an update that is needed to allow me to select .docx file types for Linking and Importing?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
LEGEND ,
Feb 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's strange. Do you have both 2007 and 2010 installed? Do you perhaps have the x64 version of Office installed?

Can you try the following?

1. Create a new blank project (not based on a Word document).
  2. Go to File > Import > Word document.

Can you import .docx from there?

Kind regards,

Willam

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is the other bizarre part. When I create a new project, it will let me choose a .docx file to import only as the first page of the project. Even if I start if off with the .docx file or a blank project, adding (linking or importing) any additional Word Documents only gives me the *.doc and *.rtf.

I have only Microsoft Office 2010 suite 32-bit installed.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Mar 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you go to open a document in an existing project as in your first image your dialog is only showing DOC and RTF whereas in the second image all the required options are showing. So the question has to be what is different and one possibility is that in the first you are browsing to a network and in the second you are browsing locally.

Try copying the document you were trying to link to / import to your local drive and then try to link. Are the options then different? If yes, I would suggest a chat with your network guys.

Let us know how that goes.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

www.grainge.org for free RoboHelp & Authoring info. Use the blue Reply button at the top to help me help you.
The black Reply link nests replies and they sort out of order.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All folders, local and network show the same options for file type .doc and .rtf.

However, I did find a slow workaround. If is simply type in my file name with the correct type, it will link to .docx files successfully and update when needed. It is just a little more tedious than selecting them from the list.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Mar 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bizarre. I have never encountered this before and I am leaning towards this being an installation issue. I think I would try uninstalling and reinstalling.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

www.grainge.org for free RoboHelp & Authoring info. Use the blue Reply button at the top to help me help you.
The black Reply link nests replies and they sort out of order.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines