Robohelp 11 Search Results Differ When Projects Merged

New Here ,
Jul 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Please bear with me as I'm a new user to Robohelp, I've looked around and have been unable to find an existing discussion relating to the issue I'm seeing.

I have a project (lets call it Project A) in 2 forms.

(1) Firstly as a standalone project (Project A).

     In this format the search functionality appears to work correctly, apart from dropping the 'e' on a single word search ending in 'e' (I've found a small amount of information on this but no solution).

(2) The second form is that of a merged project (Project B). Its configured in the form:

     Project B TOC:

          Introduction

          Book

               Project A (Merged)

     In this second format if I search for a term with a trailing 'e' the number of results is less.

I've managed to work out the difference between the 2 searches.

Example:

Search word: 'Merge'

(1) 8 Results

(2) 5 Results

The 5 results which return in both are where the substring 'Merg' (missing the 'e') exists as part of a word in those topics, the 3 lost results are those which have 'Merge' as a standalone word.

Scenario 2 seems to be searching for 'Merg%' and excluding 'Merge'

If anyone can suggest a solution, or if you need any further explanation please let me know.

Thanks

David

TOPICS
WebHelp

Views

204

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Reply
Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

1 Correct Answer

LEGEND , Jul 06, 2015
Willam_van_Weelden LEGEND , Jul 06, 2015
The Single Source Layout has an option to allow searching substrings, which seems to correspond to your option (1). Do you use the same SSL for creating the output? What is the setting for substring searches in both the master and child project?You can find the option on the Search tab of the WebHelp SSL settings.

Likes

Translate

Translate
Jump to answer Jump to answer
LEGEND ,
Jul 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Single Source Layout has an option to allow searching substrings, which seems to correspond to your option (1). Do you use the same SSL for creating the output? What is the setting for substring searches in both the master and child project?

You can find the option on the Search tab of the WebHelp SSL settings.

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Reply
Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
davidw47085529 AUTHOR LATEST
New Here ,
Jul 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Willam,

Thanks a lot for your prompt response on this. Both projects use the same SSL, however as it turns out Project A had substring search disabled.

I've reproduced the child project with substring search enabled and reproduced the merged project, predictably they now give the same number of results (weirdly 9 results now)

I'll try some more tweaking and see if I can make some more sense of this.

Thanks for your help

David

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Reply
Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more