• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RoboHelp 11 Skin to RoboHelp 2020

Community Beginner ,
Feb 10, 2021 Feb 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a skin that was created in RoboHelp 11. Quiet a bit of the skin had to be created outside of the out of box skin editer provided by RoboHelp. This skin worked with RoboHelp 2017 but when I upgrade my files to RoboHelp 2020 my skin defaults to the framless (Indigo) layout. Does anyone know where I can locate directions to maintian my current skin in RoboHelp 2020, rather than have to create an entirely new skin?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 10, 2021 Feb 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See Upgrading Customised Skins in The Skin Editor (grainge.org).

Please let us know how well it works. 

Also see WebHelp in this topic. Outputs General (grainge.org)

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 11, 2021 Feb 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I imported the .slz file file and checked the box to keep using the older
layout for the skin. However, when I look in the preview the layout appears
to be the indigo layout.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 13, 2021 Feb 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I guess that method can only work if the webhelp skin is from a later version of RoboHelp. As you have 2020 you are on the subscription plan so you can also install 2019. Maybe upgrade your RoboHelp 11 project to 2019 Classic and try again?

I suggest you do that on a separate machine as otherwise your new UI version might open in 2019 New UI if opened from File Explorer.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 16, 2021 Feb 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the suggestion. I would explore upgradeing my RoboHelp (RH) 2017, which it was I was using to 2019, but I do not have a seprate computer to exicute this. The RH skin I was using in RH 2017 was created with RH 11 - which confuses me even more why the skin will not transfer over to RH 2020 and maintain the orginal layout when I export the skin file from RH 2017.  An upgrade should not render my webpage completely invalid and unusable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 16, 2021 Feb 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WebHelp as such does not exist any more. Responsive skins have replaced them. The link I gave you explains that. I believe the reason is the adherence to strict HTML5 and CSS3 standards in the new versions meaning the old skins could no longer be supported.

The information in the skins link I posted has been revised. This is how upgrading works

• When you upgrade any responsive skin that you applied in a Classic version of RoboHelp, any customisation you applied using the skin editor will be applied.
  • Any customisation you applied other than through the skin editor will be lost on upgrade. What you can try is importing your responsive skin using the Import dialog. Make sure you click the Keep Using Older Layout of the Skin check box.
  • Webhelp skins will not be upgraded. By default the Indigo responsive skin will be applied but you can change that to any of the supplied frameless or responsive skins after the upgrade.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 17, 2021 Feb 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I understand that behind the move from webhelp to responsive/frameless skins was the fact that over the years webhelp skins kept getting hit by browser issues and that was going to continue, the better solution was to modernise the underlying technology.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp