• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RoboHelp 11 Styles and Formatting panel spastically jumping from one style to the next

New Here ,
Apr 15, 2014 Apr 15, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The styles and formatting panel in my project is flickering and spastically jumping from one style to the next so I can't select a style.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 16, 2014 Apr 16, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried a reboot of the machine?

What is the operating system?

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 17, 2014 Apr 17, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. I rebooted the machine. I'm using RoboHelp 11 Windows 7. It only happens in one project right now--my largest one. It just started this odd behavior a couple of days ago. And it's sporadic. If I reboot or shut down the application, it may stop jumping around for a bit but then starts up again. I tried opening older versions of the same project to see if I may have introduced something recently, but they also exhibit this odd behavior. Don't know what to do. I may get lucky and get to apply a few styles in a topic before it gets to jumping and I have to save and exit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 21, 2014 Apr 21, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wonder if you can install on another machine in trial mode and see if the problem occurs there?

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 03, 2014 Oct 03, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had a similar problem with a project where the styles kept flickering, on the Formatting toolbar and the Styles & Formatting pod. I resolved it by closing the problem project and copying over the CSS file used by a project that wasn't having this problem. Next I reopened the problem project and applied the copied CSS to all the topics in the project. No more flickering after that.

Also make sure all your topics are referencing the correct CSS files and you don't have any duplicate CSS files in your project folder (e.g., in the sub-folders).

Hope that helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 14, 2016 Jul 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the cure - just had that happen to me on a RB15 project. The problem started after I imported an Adobe PDF document with a formatted table. I don't know if that was the cause, but when I finish this project (I am pressed for time) I will experiment to try and reproduce the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp