Highlighted

Robohelp 11 vs 2015

New Here ,
Feb 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would anyone know if it is possible to run robohelp 11 and 2015 in parallel on the same machine?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Robohelp 11 vs 2015

New Here ,
Feb 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would anyone know if it is possible to run robohelp 11 and 2015 in parallel on the same machine?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Feb 11, 2016 0
LEGEND ,
Feb 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Definitely possible. I've done it for several months without any issue. The only issue you might encounter would depend on how you choose to open projects.

Generally speaking, the newest version is also the last version installed. And the last version installed typically mandates the behavior of the Windows File Association. So if you are accustomed to locating the XPJ file and just double-clicking to open it up, the undesired version of RoboHelp may open.

But as long as you open projects by first opening RoboHelp, you should be fine.

Cheers... Rick

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 11, 2016 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Feb 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hope Rick won't me adding that adding a shortcut to the different versions in your Send To folder helps if you work from File Explorer.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

www.grainge.org for free RoboHelp & Authoring info. Use the blue Reply button at the top to help me help you.
The black Reply link nests replies and they sort out of order.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 17, 2016 1