Robohelp 2015 Arabic index rendering - chm output

New Here ,
Apr 06, 2021 Apr 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

 

I am building some Arabic content in RH 2015 for a .chm output. The TOC renders correctly but the index renders as nonsense characters. 

 

The project settings is set to Arabic (standard).

I tried copying the project to the C drive as I read the length of the file path can be an issue. No change (also some folder names ar equite long still). 

I'm not seeing any issues in the build log.


Any ideas?

 

Thanks

Views

46

Likes

translate

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 06, 2021 Apr 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The index does actually links correctly by the way.

Likes

translate

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 06, 2021 Apr 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry - in case screenshot didn't work - the text in the index looks like this: ãäÝÐ FACE (ÅÖÇÝÉ ÌåÇÒ) 

Likes

translate

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 06, 2021 Apr 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Was it working before & now it's not? Or is this a brand new issue?

Likes

translate

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 06, 2021 Apr 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

 

It was working in the English version. I sent the English project for translation to Arabic, French and some other languages. The left-to-right languages are ok. I just opened the translated project, built the output and it worked. It's only the Arabic that didn't work, and that was the only RTL language.

 

One other thing to note is the translator only has Robohelp 10. So they do their translation using that. When I get the returned files, the project automatically upgrades to RH 2015 when I open it... but it didn't seem to cause any problems before this. 

 

Thanks again.

Likes

translate

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 06, 2021 Apr 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Note: I haven't done any translation using a chm so I don't know what is currently necessary. The below is just a suggestion based on what was necessary in the past.

 

You might need to change your Windows language settings to Arabic before compiling.  Certainly that was needed if using HTML Help Workshop back in the day. Hopefully Robohelp takes care of everything else for you though. 

 

See this page for information from when CHMs were the only help out there. 

http://kb.helpwaregroup.com/ms-html-help/hh-tips-tricks/jp

 

Likes

translate

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation