• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RoboHelp 2015 as Part of TCS Hangs When Opening a Project from the Starter

New Here ,
Jun 26, 2015 Jun 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It also hangs when trying to browse for a CSS from Project Settings. It also hangs when editing a CSS opening the color picker.

So far not impressed with this latest release. My RoboHelp 8 was far more stable.

I'm operating it under Adobe Technical Communication Suite 2015.

Any bug fixes or suggestions would be appreciated or I will promptly ask for a refund as it is not a usable product at this time.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 29, 2015 Jun 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Has TCS 2015 been installed properly?

Are other products other than RoboHelp working fine?

Neither We have not encountered this hanging issue with RoboHelp 2015 nor has any other user complaint about it.

Please let me know the issue in detail like which OS and Is the project which has been upgraded facing this issue or any fresh project also?

You can also drop me a mail at sumahesh@adobe.com

Thanks,

Surbhi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 30, 2015 Jun 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. Yes it's installed properly on Windows 8. Those errors are gone when I log in as Administrator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 01, 2015 Jul 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are those issues coming with other products like FrameMaker, captivate etc also?

As per me, hang should not be there even if you have logged in as some other user.

You need to make sure that files which you are using like css etc, if they are in a location to which you don't have access may cause this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 02, 2015 Jul 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're correct. Here is what's happening: I use two monitors at work and one (the laptop itself) at home. At home it appears that Robohelp hangs when opening a dialog. What's really happening is that RoboHelp thinks I have two monitors still at home and it puts that open dialog in the other nonexistent monitor.When I log in as Admin this problem goes away because that user never has two monitors. So how can I get RoboHelp to forget there are two monitors when I'm at home? Is there a registry key for this that we can reset or change?

Thanks

Gerry

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 02, 2015 Jul 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Likely there is an insanely simple fix for it. If your keyboard has one of those nifty keys with a Windows logo emblazoned upon it, press this key and hold it while you also press the left arrow key a couple of times.

tmp1.png

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 06, 2015 Jul 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Works great. Thanks very much for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp